Friday, February 21, 2020

Aloha Flowers

Happy Friday, y'all!  I have a lovely tropical card for you today, which is funny since it snowed here yesterday :)  Here's my floral creation:


I dunno, I think it's prettier IRL.  It was overcast when I took the photo, so the colors aren't quite true to life; the sequins are iridescent (not pink) and I used Wink of Stella on the aloha.

I started with the CASE the Designer challenge from Global Design Project:


For my design, I was inspired to do a stamped background with a die-cut word and die-cut flowers on top, and purple is my main color.  The card base on my card is Concord Crush, which is a super-dark purple; I couldn't get an accurately colored photo yesterday.

Speaking of colors, here's this week's Color Throwdown:


This time I managed to use all the colors, haha!  (Last week I left out the gray by accident.)  I used Gray Granite because it's a warm gray, Lemon Lime Twist, Lovely Lipstick, and the aforementioned Concord Crush.  Some of the colors are retired, and the Post Script background stamp is retired, but I use what I want.

The sketch from CAS(E) This Sketch really tied the card together for me, I had been turning over ideas in my head for the Global Design Project challenge all week and when I saw this sketch I knew what I was making:


Fun, right?

Hope y'all have a great Friday.  I'm just hoping the roads aren't too icy so I can go to yoga!

Aloha, peeps!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Post Script
Ink:  Gray Granite
Paper:  Concord Crush, Lovely Lipstick, Lemon Lime Twist, Thick Whisper White
Accessories:  In the Tropics Dies, Metallic Sequins, Wink of Stella

1 comment:

Broni said...

I love the flowers over the stamped background! Thanks for playing along at CTD this week!