Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Spring Glow

Mornin' y'all.  Man, I am tired today--still fighting this cold and Ryan woke me up in the middle of the night, so extra tired.  But I do have a card to share today.


This one ended up super simple, and no sentiment so I can use it for anything.  I put a panel of Whisper White on the inside of the card; when I want to send it out, I can always add a sentiment on the inside if I want.  Soft Spring is a hostess stamp set that I've had for a while but hadn't used; it has the outline stamp and also stamps for the leaves and flowers.  I stamped off the leaves and flowers once before using the fill-in stamps, and then lightly sponged some color on so it kinda has a soft haze to it.

I started with the sketch from Fusion:


And combined that with the colors from Global Design Project:


I've used those colors on lots of scrapbook layouts, but it was fun to play with them for a card this time.  I think Garden Green gets left out of color challenges a lot of the time, and it's a lovely green so it was nice to play with it.

Time to get moving for the day....cheers y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Soft Spring
Ink:  Night of Navy, Garden Green, Crushed Curry
Paper:  Night of Navy, Garden Green, Crushed Curry, Thick Whisper White
Accessories:  Dimensionals

3 comments:

Barb Ghig said...

A beautiful take on the sketch, Christy Lynn! Your soft sponging in the background really showcases the images perfectly and I love the dragonflies in the background! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Fusion!

Linda Callahan said...

Sweet as can be!

Wanda Cullen said...

Love your colors! It's great to have generic cards on hand so you can add a sentiment as the occasion arises! So glad you were able to play along with us at Fusion!