Monday, February 3, 2020

Dallas vs. Corpus

Scrappy Monday, y'all!  Wow, already through January...I know everyone else thinks January lasts forever, but it's my birth month so I like it :D  I feel like I got a lot done in January too--I've got 32 scrapbook pages done!! Need to take photos of them all still.  I also read 6 books, I did work on organizing photos (and printed out a big stack of recent ones), stitched every single day, and I'm still working toward that chatturanga.

So!  On to Scrappy Monday.  My friend Beth got married on Valentine's Day in 2004, so Mom and I flew from Dallas to Corpus Christi for the wedding.  We got a snowstorm in Dallas the night before we left, and of course Corpus Christi was all sunny and warm, so it was quite the contrast!


All wintry on the left, summery on the right.  I used Regal Rose (pink) on both pages to tie them together a bit, and as it happens both pieces of patterned paper are from the same DSP set, a really old one called Four Seasons.  It's from the first year SU! had In Colors!


Today's color palette is almost all retired:  Tip Top Taupe, Regal Rose, Night of Navy, Marigold Morning, Tangelo Twist, and Whisper White.  As it happens I'm working on two layouts now with a Tip Top Taupe page base and those layouts are also beachy.  Should finish them today or tomorrow and then I'll be on to something else.

Cheers, y'all!  Have a great week!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Letters for You, Festive Flurry, Butterfly Gala
Ink:  Night of Navy, Regal Rose, Marigold Morning, Tangelo Twist, Whisper White
Paper:  Tip Top Taupe, Night of Navy, Tangelo Twist, Regal Rose, Thick Whisper White, Four Seasons DSP
Accessories:  Large Letters Framelits, Festive Flurry Framelits, Butterfly Duet punch

No comments: