Saturday, March 21, 2020

Ryan: February

Hey y'all!  Didja miss me?  I haven't been in my craft room all week, except for about 15 minutes yesterday (I got one whole image colored in before I had to go back out).  What with the virus craziness happening, the Y is closed, so I don't get my 2 hours in the morning to work out and/or stitch, so I've been stitching in the afternoons when Ryan does quiet time, which means I haven't been stamping or scrapbooking at ALL.  Sigh.  I hope we can resume our regularly scheduled programming soon.

In the meantime, I can still share Ryan's baby book layouts because it's all done :) So here is the first monthly layout for his book:


Wow he was so tiny!  I mean, he started out at 8 pounds, 10 ounces, so lots of babies start out smaller than he did, but it's quite a difference to look at these pictures and look at Ryan now--he's 3 feet, 2 inches tall and weighs just over 32 pounds.  Growing so much!  Anyway, there's his first picture with Mimi and Grandpa, when he was 8 days old, and I love the three pictures on the bottom of the right page.  Just fun to see Ryan looking at his daddy, and then the other two Ryan's facial expressions are hilarious.  That one on the far right looks like "Hey Mama, how YOU doin'?"


Today's color palette is Balmy Blue (I will never have enough of this in 12x12 so a layout has to be really special to rate this color for the page base), Gable Green (long retired), Blueberry Bushel, and a touch of Real Red.  Usually I make blank baby books for other people, so I can just use whatever seasonal color combination I want; since I did this one after I had all the pictures, I tried to use colors to complement the photos.  And for a lot of the layouts, pictures were taken through an entire month, so finding a cohesive color combination could be a challenge.  But I'm quite pleased with how the whole giant album turned out.

Here's hoping I get some time in my craft room this week.  Stay healthy, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Letters for You, Background Basics, I {Heart} Hearts
Ink:  Real Red, Blueberry Bushel, Gable Green, Basic Gray marker
Paper:  Balmy Blue, Gable Green, Thick Whisper White
Accessories:  Large Letters Framelits

No comments: