Thursday, March 12, 2020

Lovely Little Ladybug

Hey hey hey!  My in-laws came into town last Thursday and they gave me the FLU (thanks a lot!).  I was out of commission on Sunday and Monday, starting to feel better on Tuesday, and then Ryan had a fever on Tuesday night so I kept him home yesterday but he seems fine now.  At least I didn't stay sick for long but really, WHY go traveling when you know you're sick?!

Anyway, the hubs took Ryan out for ice cream last night and I got some extra time in my craft room as a result.  I made two cards and got a lot of work done on a scrapbook layout yesterday, and then it took me forever to get to sleep because my brain was bubbling over with ideas for more paper crafts.  So here's the first card I made:


My niece Clara turns 4 next month, and when she was born her room was all done in ladybugs so I just HAD to get this Little Ladybug stamp set!  It's so cute.  I'm also thrilled to have the Stitched So Sweetly dies, I'm going to get a lot of use out of those.  I did not get the ladybug dies so I just fussy cut this one.

I started with the Sunday Stamps sketch:


The ladybug is standing in for the circular element, and I did put it in front of the rectangle because that just worked better for my card.  I used the colors from the Paper Players:


I used the dark Calypso Coral Blend to color the ladybug's wings, and some weird trick of the light (I did take my photo last night after 9 o'clock, so no natural light) makes it look more red instead of coral.  Promise it's coral!

The ladybug stamp set was perfect for this week's Global Design Project theme challenge:


This will be Clara's birthday card in a few weeks; I've already got a couple of things waiting to be packed up and sent to her.  Here's the inside of the card:


Oh yeah, loving those new dies!  I was so happy to get back in my craft room yesterday after not feeling well for a few days, and I was really happy with everything I made yesterday too, so that was pretty awesome :)  Hope you have a great day, peeps!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Little Ladybug, A Big Thank You
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Bermuda Bay, Blends in Calypso Coral & Smoky Slate
Paper:  Bermuda Bay, Coastal Cabana, Thick Whisper White
Accessories:  Stitched So Sweetly dies, white baker's twine, Dimensionals

5 comments:

Stamps-N-Lingers said...

Adorable! Love the Ladybug set - and she's really darling against the teal background. Thanks for sharing it over at The Paper Players this week. Yes - Stitched So Sweetly...the BEST die set, isn't it?!? So sorry you've been sick - but glad you're on the mend now! Hope they brought you back some ice cream!! :)

Heather said...

Totally adorable. Christy - I think this is one of my fave ladybug cards ever! Love that sweet flowered background, too! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

LeAnne said...

Your ladybug card will be one your niece will especially love! I love those dies too...anything to add some cute stitching and scallops is a plus for me! Thanks for playing with us at the Paper Players this week!

Melissa Grant said...

Awww this is so sweet. Love love the Lady Bug! Perfect card for a little one! Thanks for sharing with us at Sunday Stamps :)

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love your cute ladybird Christie - he adorns your scalloped sentiment panel beautifully and I'm sure your niece will love it! Thanks for sharing with us over at The Paper Players this week!