Sunday, March 1, 2020

Birthday Meerkat

Sunday surprise post! ;)  I had a card to share on Friday, but I thought the color balance was off on it (like, on the actual card, not that my photo was terrible) so I decided to wait and redid the card yesterday.  I loved the color combination from Color Throwdown so I wanted to take another stab at it and do something different...and I ended up doing another birthday card with an animal on it ;)


Different animal, different sketch, and a slightly different take on the colors:


This time I used Melon Mambo, Balmy Blue, and Crumb Cake.  Also, I use the Stitched Shapes dies so often that they just live on my hutch where the die cut machine is, I don't bother to put them away anymore.

This time around I used the new sketch from CAS(E) this Sketch:


Do you want to see the first version?  Here it is:


It felt like way too much Crumb Cake and not enough Balmy Blue.  I liked the sentiment on a not-white circle idea, but it just didn't work on this particular card.

The hubs has taken our spawn to go play at an indoor playground so I'm going to enjoy my kid-free time!  I already did some yoga, and next I'm going to go play in my craft room.  I just got a giant order of Stampin' Up! goodies on Friday....

Cheers!

Supplies, first card only:
Stamps:  The Gang's All Meer, Birthday Backgrounds
Ink:  Crumb Cake, Melon Mambo, Balmy Blue, Memento Tuxedo Black, Crumb Cake Blends
Paper:  Crumb Cake, Melon Mambo, Balmy Blue, Thick Whisper White
Accessories:  Stitched Shapes dies, Dimensionals

No comments: