Thursday, March 5, 2020

Water Lily Wishes

Oyy, it's been tough to get time in my craft room this week, which I usually do when Ryan has quiet time in the afternoons.  Yesterday I snuck off into my craft room after the hubs got home and made this real quick while hubs and Ryan were playing together.


Gold embossing powder FTW!  I embossed the water lily image onto a pattern from the Lily Impressions DSP so it's got some texture to it and I didn't have to color it ;)  I used gold glitter enamel dots as embellishments, which might possibly be retired but I don't care.

Check out the Global Design Project sketch:


I was kicking around other ideas for this sketch, but when I saw the inspiration photo from Hand Stamped Sentiments, I couldn't resist the water lily.


The idea to do the sentiment on the lily pad die cut really sold me on it ;)  I think the Lily Impressions paper was made for this challenge.

And since I used embossing powder, I can enter this at the Paper Players too:


When we first moved back to the States from England, I embossed ALL THE THINGS for a while.  I *could* do heat embossing in England, but I had to go to a different room and plug the embossing gun into the transformer so it wasn't convenient.  Once I could just plug it in without leaving my craft room, I wanted to emboss everything :D

Well, we've got my in-laws arriving this afternoon so I need to get to work on a couple of things.  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Lovely Lily Pad, Itty Bitty Birthdays
Ink:  Versamark, Garden Green
Paper:  Flirty Flamingo, Granny Apple Green, Lily Impressions DSP
Accessories:  Lily Pad Dies, Layering Circles Dies, Gold EP, Gold Glitter Enamel Dots, Dimensionals

7 comments:

Anne Marie Hile said...

Such a pretty card, Christy! The gold embossing really pops and the gold enamel dots are a fun detail. Hope you have a great visit with your in-laws. Thanks so much for joining us over at The Paper Players this week!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Super pretty Christy - love that embossed waterlily! - and a great way to combine these challenges. Thanks for sharing with us over at The Paper Players this week!

Jenny Engelke said...

Gorgeous Christy! The one lilly is the beautiful star against the lovely, colorful background! Thanks for playing along with us at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

laurie said...

Beautiful! What an awesome background.Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players!

Jaydee said...

Fabulous card≥. You really made this set and the paper shine. So glad you joined us at the Players last week
Jaydee

Stampin by Genny said...

Beautiful card! I love how you gold embossed on a texture to create an eye-catching lotus flower. Great idea! Thanks for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Creations in paper said...

So pretty. Love the gold embossing. Glad you joined us at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Robbie