Tuesday, March 17, 2020

SUO Challenges: Spring

Hey y'all!  How is your social distancing going?  They Y has closed its childcare for at least two weeks, so I get no break from Ryan until quiet time (and sometimes he's not great at the "quiet" part), and I had to cancel my girls' weekend trip, which makes me sad.  But yesterday, our first day of pseudo-quarantine, actually went okay.  I was going to do my Scrappy Monday blog post, but our mouse was D-E-D dead, so instead I read a book and really enjoyed it ;)  Ryan behaved pretty well, the weather was nice so he got to play outside and get dirty, and I managed not to bust into the stash of brownie mix on day 1.  So, success.

And today it's time for a new challenge as SUO Challenges.


The theme this time is SPRING!  My brain was going international...I kept thinking about the song "I love Paris in the springtime" and also how the appearance of cherry blossoms is the herald of spring in Japan, and that's how I ended up with cherry blossoms on the Eiffel Tower.


And since today is St. Patrick's Day, I had to use green too!  The card base and DSP are Mint Macaron.  Yeah, I could have picked a brighter shade of green, but I wanted something soft and pretty for my spring card.  Whenever I want to send this, I can stamp a sentiment on the inside if I want to.

Okay, Ryan wants me to watch Paw Patrol with him, so that's next on our agenda for quarantine.  If you get a chance, make a spring-inspired card and share it with us at SUO Challenges.  We'd love to see!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Butterfly Wishes
Ink:  Petal Pink, Mint Macaron
Paper:  Mint Macaron, Soft Sea Foam, Thick Whisper White, silver foil, Mint Macaron DSP
Accessories:  Parisian dies, First Frost dies, Dimensionals