Tuesday, May 26, 2020

SUO Designer's Choice: The Bird & the Keys

I thought of that pun and just couldn't resist.  Let me tell ya 'bout the bird and the keys and the flowers and the trees :D  It's time for a new challenge at SUO Challenges!


This one is super simple:  Designer's Choice.  Make any card or other project using only Stampin' Up! products, and share it with us at SUO Challenges.

A while back, I got an email from SU with pictures of three card samples.  The samples were very CAS with just solid cardstock and a black ink pad, but I CASEd the layout from one of the cards to make this:


The Rectangles Stitched dies are on the retiring list, but they're also in the new catalog with a different item number, so for all intents and purposes they're not being retired (you'd have to pry them out of my cold, dead hands anyway, I love those).  So I used the stitched rectangles to cut pieces of the DSP (which really is retiring) and then fussy cut the flowers and the bird image.  I didn't even use Dimensionals on this card--it's totally flat so will be easy to mail.  I need to mail more cards out!

So there's mine, what will you make?  Share it at the SUO Challenges blog!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Free as a Bird
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin' Blends in Calypso Coral, Smoky Slate, Pool Party, and So Saffron
Paper:  Pool Party, Thick Whisper White, Bird Ballad DSP
Accessories:  Rectangles Stitched Dies

No comments: