Thursday, May 21, 2020

Dune Buggy

Hey y'all!  Didja miss me?  I've been concentrating on scrapbooking this week--I'm working on a whole bunch of pages from our Thanksgiving 2018 trip to Gatlinburg, Tennessee and they've been taking up all my stamping time this week.  But I took a break yesterday to make something to share here.


Pedal to the Metal is in the Occasions catalog and I don't think I've seen more than one card made with it among all the blogs I follow.  Well, I bought it for Baby Luke's baby book since my brother is such a car nut, and this is the first time I've made a card with it so there you go.

I love this sketch from Freshly Made Sketches:


And I was inspired to pull out Pedal to the Metal by the challenge from the Paper Players:






Though I must say I think my card is a bit more CAS-plus.  There's white space, but also some layers on there.  (How do you like the oil splats from Geared Up Garage?)

Finally, I used the colors from CAS Colours & Sketches:


I almost did the monochromatic color challenge from Color Throwdown, but in the end I decided a cherry-red dune buggy was the way to go :)

We have rain, rain, rain for the third day in a row here, wish me luck keeping Ryan entertained.  We've got an 80% chance of thunderstorms for the rest of the day.  Stay cozy, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Pedal to the Metal, Geared Up Garage
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Basic Gray, Crushed Curry marker, Coastal Cabana marker, Smoky Slate & Cherry Cobbler Blends
Paper:  Coastal Cabana, Smoky Slate,  Crushed Curry, Thick Whisper White
Accessories:  Rectangles Stitched dies, Dimensionals

7 comments:

Ann Schach said...

What a cute masculine card, Christy! This is such a great image...I'm glad to see that you used it. I LOVE this color combination! Thank you so much for playing in my clean and simple challenge at The Paper Players this week!

Claire Broadwater said...

Such a great masculine card! I love this fun image! Your background is perfect for the little adventure this buggy will take! So happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

You're right Christy - I haven't seen this cute buggy much in blog land either but it makes a great centrepiece for a fun boy card. Great frame pattern too! Love the lighthouse focal point too. Thanks for playing along with our CAS challenge this week!

Jen Brum said...

This is such a great card! I just love that ATV! Great colouring and cool background paper! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Amy O said...

What a fun card! I love the oil splats background. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Jen Timko said...

This is the perfect "boy" image! Love it and your coloring is super fun. So glad to see you this week at FMS!

Jeanne said...

This is a fun guy card and a great way to combine both the stamp sets and challenges! Thanks for joining us this week at CC&S!