Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Autumnal Friend

Mornin' y'all!  I just finished my morning workout and I'm enjoying a small break before I get Ryan up this morning.  And I have a card to share that just feels like fall to me.


You probably can't tell from the picture, but I painted the butterfly with Wink of Stella for some shine, and the card base is sponged with Sahara Sand ink to give a little bit different shade than the interior panel.  And I know you can't see it but I stamped the butterfly along the Blackberry Bliss mat, which gives it a nice subtle texture in person.

I got my inspiration from the Just Add Ink challenge:


When I realized this challenge was closing today, I had to make a card for it because that picture is just so beautiful.  I used the colors Blackberry Bliss, Crushed Curry, Pretty Peacock, and Sahara Sand for my palette.  Totally fall colors, right?

I paired that with the Paper Players sketch challenge:


I've done similar sketches in the past week or two, it's just a classic and I have to play along with every variation on this theme ;)

Two minutes left until I release the Kraken.  Have a great day, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Positive Thoughts
Ink:  Sahara Sand, Blackberry Bliss, Crushed Curry, Pretty Peacock
Paper:  Sahara Sand, Blackberry Bliss, Thick Whisper White
Accessories:  Nature's Thoughts dies, Dimensionals, Wink of Stella

6 comments:

Chantell Randall said...

Nice layering of elements, a sweet card. Chantell Just Add Ink

LeAnne said...

Very nicely done....I saw those colors and went running for the hills, but you combined them perfectly! Thanks for sharing this and playing with my sketch this week at The Paper Players!

Rachael Lewsley said...

Lovely, elegant design and wonderful use of the colours. Thank you for sharing with us at Just Add Ink x

Stef Perry said...

Such a lovely card, Christy! You've used those colors perfectly and that sentiment is so, so sweet. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players this week!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I love those colours too Christie and couldn't resist them. I love how you used them for your scene and the embossed detail on your frame is a lovely finishing touch. Thanks for sharing with us over at The Paper Players this week!

Claire Broadwater said...

Christy, this is so pretty! I love the sentiment and the color combo! That butterfly is so lovely! SO happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week!