Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Gratitude in the Face of Grief

Hey y'all.  I'm still struggling in my craft room a little bit; I can't seem to get scrapbook pages to work for me and trying to work on them has been a little frustrating.  I decided yesterday that I needed a couple of thank you cards though and I do love how they turned out.


I love the dog punch; the matching stamp set is retiring but the punch will be in the new catalog.  The sentiment stamp is from A Big Thank You which is retiring as well.  I knew I wanted a Crumb Cake pattern for my card so I pulled out the long-retired but still awesome Fresh Prints (of Bel Air) stack and a bit of retired ribbon.  (I have a ridiculous amount of retired paper!)

The Fab Friday sketch was perfect for what I needed on my card:


I made one of these to send to the veterinarian who cared for Sadie at the end.  The other is going to some friends who live down the street from us; the other day my husband found a bag on our front porch and inside was this little sign:


I'm going to frame some pictures of Sadie and Vader and display them with this.  It makes me cry to look at it right now because I miss my fur babies so much, but I do adore the sentiment and someday I won't be a human waterfall.


This is the last picture I took of Sadie, just two days before she died.

Okay, I'm going to do my best to post something more cheerful next time around.  Peace out, y'all.

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  A Big Thank You
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper:  Mint Macaron, Basic Black, Real Red, Thick Whisper White, Fresh Prints DSP Stack
Accessories:  Dog punch, hexagon punch, Dimensionals, retired Real Red taffeta ribbon

3 comments:

Amanda Mertz said...

I'm so sorry for the loss of your sweet girl. It's so tough when they've been a part of our lives for so long. I hope that in time your memories of her bring more smiles than tears. Your card is adorable though I might be biased in favor of black dogs since I've got my own. The clean lines and fun polka dots are just right for a thank you. Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

Heather said...

Love these, Christy - my fave punch these days, and I'm always a huge fan of dots! I'm so sorry for your loss - we have three elders here that I can't imagine not being around - Sadie loves you, always. Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

stampwithamyk said...

Love your card! Sweet puppy image, perfectly designed. Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday, hope to see you again soon!