Friday, May 29, 2020

Wild Rose Hello

Mornin' stampers!  It's Friday, though I'm not sure how much that matters with the continuing quarantine.  Not much has opened up yet in North Carolina.

I spent some time in my craft room yesterday and made a card and worked on a couple of scrapbook layouts.  So here's the card:


Looking at this picture, I think I should have trimmed the patterned paper a bit more so that more of the Petal Pink card base showed, but it's all glued down now.  That paper is retired but it was just what I wanted for this card, so I went with it.  I used both Shimmer Black EP and Wink of Stella on the rose so it's nice and sparkly, don't know why they're retiring the shimmer embossing powders.

Anywha, I used the color challenge from Cupcake Inspirations:


As I mentioned, I used Petal Pink for my pink color, and Basic Black and Very Vanilla for the neutrals.  I also used the Global Design Project sketch:


That's it for me today, peeps!  Have a great Friday, even if it doesn't seem much different than any other day right now :)

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  To a Wild Rose, Free as a Bird
Ink:  Petal Pink, Versamark, Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper:  Petal Pink, Thick Very Vanilla, Modern Medley DSP
Accessories:  Shimmer Black EP, Wild Rose dies, Stitched So Sweetly dies, Dimensionals, Wink of Stella

4 comments:

Claire said...

I love the use of the colour scheme. The spotty black background really makes the flower jump from the paper

Sandy said...

Beautiful card! That flower is so pretty and sparkly. Thank you so much for playing along with us over at Cupcake Inspiration Challenges. Hope you will join us again! Stay safe.
-Sandy, DT

Lucille K said...

Nicely designed card, very pretty. TY for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations :)

Indy's Designs said...

Lovely use of the Cupcake Inspirations colors! Thanks for sharing!
Hugs,
Debbie