Wednesday, September 7, 2022

Blackberry Apples

Mornin' y'all!  I loved this week's Paper Players challenge so much, I just had to make two cards : )


I was looking at the challenge graphic and thinking about how Pink Lady apples are my favorite, and that purple leaf in the bottom right caught my eye, and then this happened:


I actually made this before the one I posted on Sunday.  I stamped the image with Blackberry Bliss + Versamark, then embossed with clear EP so I could watercolor the image without the lines blurring.  I used Polished Pink for the apples.  When I was done, this card just seemed a bit formal for a "fall fun" challenge, which is why I switched up the colors and patterns and made the other card.  What do you think, do you have a favorite?  I had fun playing either way!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Apple Harvest
Ink:  Blackberry Bliss, Polished Pink, Rich Razzleberry, Garden Green, Cinnamon Cider
Paper:  Blackberry Bliss, Thick Very Vanilla, watercolor paper, Blackberry Beauty DSP
Accessories:  Apple Blooms dies, Deckled Rectangles dies, clear EP, Dimensionals

5 comments:

Tanya said...

This card is beautiful! I love your color choices! The other is more playful, but they both look great!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love the purple and fall colours on this version Christie - properly autumnal!

Jaydee said...

Christy, how true is that sentiment! I love the papers you paired together and how you colored the apple to fit in with them so beautifully.
hugs
Jaydee

Ida said...

This one is elegant and does have a nice fall feel to it. I liked them both.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I think I love this even more than your Sunday card Christie - those apples look fabulous with these more autumnal papers, some of my all-time favourites.