Thursday, September 22, 2022

Sunflower Hello

Howdy, y'all!  I think we're starting to get settled in a routine for Ryan's school day.  With the way my work schedule is, it usually leaves me roughly 45 minutes in the morning and a bit over 30 minutes in the afternoon that I can hop in my craft room before or after getting Ryan on/off the bus for school.  I've been working hard to utilize that time to the max, and in fact I've made several cards and finished a scrapbook layout in those little blocks of time.  The hubs pointed out that I actually get MORE craft stuff done when I have other things scheduled that I have to do, like work--yeah he might be right.

So!  Here's a card I completed yesterday morning in between getting Ryan on the bus and me heading out for work:


I loved the sketch this week from Hand Stamped Sentiments:


In fact, there's such a bounty of great sketch challenges this week that I don't think I'll get to do them all.  I paired this sketch with the Color Throwdown:


I used Bermuda Bay, Summer Sun, Early Espresso, and Old Olive for my colors.  I tried coloring in the flower with So Saffron and Pumpkin Pie Blends first, but it didn't look bright and cheery enough, so I stamped another flower and used my old Summer Sun marker on it.  Yeah, that marker is drying out pretty bad now but at least I got the sunflower done first.  Wish we had Blends in Crushed Curry, the So Saffron ones are just too pastel I think.

Kept my card simple so I could finish it before I had to go to work.  Whee!  Hope you have a great day, peeps!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Celebrate Sunflowers, Biggest Wish
Ink:  Early Espresso, Bermuda Bay, Old Olive, Stampin' Blends in Cinnamon Cider, Old Olive, and Pool Party; Summer Sun marker
Paper:  Bermuda Bay, Early Espresso, Old Olive, Thick Basic White
Accessories:  Sunflower dies, Stitched Rectangles dies, Dimensionals, Wink of Stella

7 comments:

Wanda Cullen said...

Beautiful CAS design! Happy you are able to squeeze in some crafty time during your busy days! Thanks so much for being a faithful participant in the throwdown challenges!

Heather said...

So so pretty, Christy! I just love the sunny and cheery look of this pretty sunflower! Your coloring is bright and perfect! Thanks so much for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

Fiona said...

Love your card Christy and those colours look so perfect for that sunflower - a great take on our sketch. Thanks for joining us again at HSS

_chevron2 said...

This is an "awe, so lovely" card! great interpretation!!

Stampin Expressions said...

Your coloring of your sunflower is just beautiful! I love how you used the sketch! Using the leaf behind was a great addition for texture. Thanks for joining the hand stamped sentiments challenge this week!

Jenny Engelke said...

Beautiful! I love all the clean lines! Thanks for playing along with us at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

Stampin by Genny said...

Great idea to stamp the leaves on the stitched layer! I also love how you colored the sunflower. You created a very cheerful card. Thanks for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments.