Thursday, September 15, 2022

Fall Fox

Good morning y'all!  Turns out that I do NOT have strep throat, and as bad as I felt on Tuesday I'm feeling all better today so yay! And in other good news, today is the big 24-hour stamp sale from Stampin' Up! and I already took advantage of that ; )

I am also very happy that it's now cool enough in the morning that I can drink a cup of hot tea without feeling like I'm going to melt into a miserable puddle, so I've got my chestnut tea and some bread with butter and sour cherry jam and some nice music playing and oh yes I am living my best life.  So here is today's card:


I like getting new stamps for Sale-a-Bration but sometimes I don't get to play with the stamp sets much (or at all) before SAB ends.  So Stylish Sketches may be retired now but I had to ink it up for the challenge from Hand Stamped Sentiments:


Obviously I was inspired by the fox in the challenge graphic, but I also glommed on to that deep green saucer on the bottom right.  I thought the color challenge from Sunday Stamps dovetailed nicely with the HSS challenge:


I used Evening Evergreen, Mossy Meadow, Cajun Craze, and Merry Merlot for my colors; I actually did use some dark So Saffron Blend on my fox but ended up going over it with ivory, so for all intents and purposes I left out the yellow color from the challenge graphic.

At first, I moved things around on the card front trying to figure out where to put a sentiment, but in the end I decided to keep it simple and let the fantastic Mr. Fox be front and center.  I stamped "simply thankful for all the good things" from Country Home on the inside of my card but I didn't take a picture of that so you'll just have to trust me.

And with that, I've got about three hours before I have to go get Ryan to take him to an appointment, so I'm going to go be productive.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Stylish Sketches, Country Home
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Evening Evergreen, Stampin' Blends in Cajun Craze, So Saffron, Ivory, Mossy Meadow
Paper:  Evening Evergreen, Thick Very Vanilla, He's the Man Specialty DSP, Come to Gather DSP
Accessories:  Deckled Rectangles dies, Dimensionals, Rustic Metallic Dots

9 comments:

Fiona said...

Love your fox and your choice of papers - so great for our challenge. Glad to hear you’re on the mend health wise. Thanks for joining us at HSS again this week

Heather said...

Beautiful, Christy - I totally forgot about that fox! Very handsome, and perfect for our challenge! Love the look of the DSP and layers in the deckled rectangles, too! Thanks so much for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

Heather said...

Pfft, and I totally spaced that you were working Sunday Stamps, too, lol. Thanks for sharing it with us there as well!

Claire Broadwater said...

Christy, your fox is so handsome! Your background is fabulous! Love all those colors together! So happy you joined us at Sunday Stamps!

Stampin Expressions said...

I love your little fox! He is the real star of the card! Your colored him beautifully. Thanks for joining the hand stamped sentiments challenge this week!

Heidi Baks said...

Beautiful rich color combination, and I love the deckle edged dies! Thanks for sharing on Sunday Stamps this week.

dj said...

Your fox along with our fall colors make for a great masculine card. Fantastic take on our challenge and your coloring of that fox...PERFECTION!! Thanks for joining the fun and playing along with our Autumn Rays color challenge over at Sunday Stamps!!

Stampin by Genny said...

Wow! Love the fox on the layers of fall colors. Beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Jenny Engelke said...

I love this fox image and you coloring of him is awesome! So rich and deep! Thanks for playing along with us at Hand Stamped Sentiments!