Thursday, September 1, 2022

Roaring Birthday!

Mornin' y'all!  I'm happy to report that I did have a better day in my craft room yesterday and that means my friend gets a BONUS birthday card!  Yep, I made yesterday's doggo birthday card for my friend Krissy, but she also loves dinosaurs and this happened:


I used two different dino sets for this--my T. Rex is from Dino Days, and the sentiment is from Dinoroar, which I had pulled out by accident when I was hunting for Dino Days.  But I loved the sentiment with this happy Rex!

I used the Global Design Project sketch:


I kinda like how they had placements for rhinestones/sequins/embellishments, I struggle sometimes figuring out where they should go.  I paired that with the Color Throwdown:


Do you ever see two colors and think Those Do Not Go Together?  That's me with the pink and coral shades on here.  After some hunting through my DSP hoard though, I found that New Horizons print that had three out of the four challenge colors on it--including Polished Pink and Calypso Coral!  So I just added a Rich Razzleberry card base and used it for accents on the dino and the sentiment banner.  Also I finally got the Deckled Rectangles dies and I'm kinda sorta totally obsessed with them.  I've been working ahead on design team challenges and I've used them so many times already!

That's it for me today.  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Dino Days, Dinoroar
Ink:  Polished Pink, Rich Razzleberry
Paper:  Rich Razzleberry, Thick Basic White, New Horizons DSP Stack
Accessories:  Dino dies, Deckled Rectangles dies, Large Numbers dies, Fine Sparkle Adhesive Backed Gems, Dimensionals

1 comment:

Basement Stamper said...

Great job with the color combination, it looks awesome on your dinosaur background!