Sunday, September 4, 2022

Picking Apples with the Paper Players

Hey hey, y'all!  It's time for a new challenge from the Paper Players!  Ann has a great theme for us this time around:


Fall is 100% my favorite season and I am so READY for cooler days, fall baking, and changing colors!  One of my favorite things we did last year was to go picking apples, so for this challenge I decided to ink up my brand new Apple Harvest stamp set.


And for this month only, you can get matching dies for it too, how cool is that?  I admit, I was all set to resist this stamp set up until they introduced the dies, and then I just had to have it : ) 

I just checked and apparently I never uploaded pictures from our apple-picking escapade to my other blog, so here's a pic of Ryan with our haul:


Oh yeah, I tried so many apple recipes last year!  We had apple pie, apple crisp, apple muffins, homemade apple sauce, and probably some other things I can't think of at the moment.


And there's Ryan enjoying the good life in a wheelbarrow at Appel Happel.  So we picked an entire crate of apples despite the fact that we have TWO apple trees IN OUR YARD.  But it was such a fun time for all of us that I think we'll have to do it again this year : )

Now it's your turn to make a fun fall card!  Don't forget to upload it to the Paper Players blog.  Enjoy!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Apple Harvest
Ink:  Versamark, Early Espresso, Sweet Sorbet, Parakeet Party, Cinnamon Cider, Petal Pink
Paper:  Balmy Blue, Thick Very Vanilla, watercolor paper, In Color DSP Stack
Accessories:  Apple Blooms dies, Deckled Rectangles dies, Early Espresso EP, Dimensionals

The Paper Players Design Team

Cindy Beach

Christy Stanford <-- You are here : )

9 comments:

Ann Schach said...

What a beautiful card, Christy! These apples are colored perfectly. I love the colors of paper you used. The plaid and the dots are so pretty together. What sweet pictures of Ryan! Fall is my favorite season, too. It sounds like I would like to go apple picking with you. I would love to sample your apple pie, apple crisp, apple muffins, and homemade apple sauce!!! Thank you for creating a perfect Fall Fun card for my challenge. Have a wonderful week...and enjoy your vacation!

LeAnne said...

I am not sure who's cuter...your apple or your wee one, enjoying the picking! Both are adorable!

Claire Broadwater said...

Apples are a perfect sign that Fall has arrived. I love the coloring on this pair of apples and the fun mix of patterns really showcases them. Hope you are having a fun vacation!

Jennie Maier said...

Love the apple theme for fall and your card is so cute! Now you’ve got m thinking apple cider and pies!!

Cindy Beach said...

Great stories, Christy - except for the fire ants, lol! Your card is super sweet and has my mouth watering for one of those apple dishes. I love the pretty papers and colors you chose.

Ida said...

Very nice card. - Can't wait to bake apple pie now.

laurie said...

Awesome card...I just love that set!

Anne Marie Hile said...

What a fun card Christy! I just love the photos of your apple picking adventure too!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Not sure if my previous comment saved so I'm typing again as Blogger did a weird thing! Here goes! I love the fresh colours you used with your apples Christie - I am missing my fall harvest this year, as the tree in my garden didn't bear a single fruit this year! Great photo of Ryan and listening to your cooking roll my mouth is definitely watering now!