Sunday, September 18, 2022

Welcoming Fall with the Paper Players

It's Sunday morning, and that means it's time for a new challenge from the Paper Players!  This week, Claire has a great theme for us:


I'm pretty sure I have just ONE scarecrow stamp in my collection so I had to dust him off a bit and make a new card : )


I checked the weather for the next week and our highs are supposed to be mainly in the low 60s, so we are definitely welcoming fall here!  Which makes my little heart happy : )  This scarecrow is part of the stamp set Happy Fall Y'all, which has been in my collection for at least sixteen years.  I broke out a slew of retired colors to watercolor him, I've enjoyed watercoloring several projects lately.  Still obsessed with the Deckled Rectangles dies so I couldn't resist using one on this card too.

Hope you'll make time to join us for this fun challenge and post your card on the Paper Players blog.  Don't forget to keep it CAS and have fun!  I think I'll take my cuppa tea upstairs and get to stamping.  I've got lots of leaf stamps I could use for this challenge too.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU! (many retired)
Stamps:  Happy Fall Y'all, For All Things
Ink:  Versamark, Chocolate Chip, Sage Shadow, More Mustard, Basic Gray, Really Rust, Riding Hood Red, Dapper Denim, Crumb Cake
Paper:  Sage Shadow, Thick Very Vanilla
Accessories:  clear EP, Deckled Rectangles dies

The Paper Players Design Team

Cindy Beach

Christy Stanford <-- You are here : )

5 comments:

Jennie Maier said...

Christy, perfectly cute scarecrow for this week! I wish I hadn't sold that retired set. Have a great week!

Ann Schach said...

Adorable, Christy! Your coloring of this sweet scarecrow is perfect! I had forgotten what a beautiful color Sage Shadow is. The deckle edge adds so much texture, while keeping the card clean. Have a wonderful week!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I think it's high time we had a current scarecrow set Christy; your sweet fellow suggests there is a definite 'gap' in my collection, as I realised in all my years of stamping I've never owned a single scarecrow stamp - and with his sweet leaf banner too, he is just perfect for fall! I love the deckle edge finish to your panel too, which fits perfectly with that sweet image.

Claire Broadwater said...

Christy, I love your little scarecrow. He is so happy and loves showing off his leaf garland! Just perfect! I love the rectangle die, too! Thank you for making my challenge shine this week!

LeAnne said...

Oh, how I remember those days of these cute line-art drawings! That little scarecrow is as cute as can be! Love the deckled edge (I think that die might be the next one on my shopping list!) and the card base as well...GREAT color!