Sunday, September 11, 2022

Daydreaming with the Paper Players

Sunday again already!  That means it's time for a new Paper Players challenge, and Joanne has a great color combination for us:


You might recognize the colors as being from the Designer Daydream DSP that's a host choice in the Stampin' Up catalog.  So of course that's what I used to start my card:


Can't get enough of those deckled rectangles : )  I left out Pool Party and Old Olive and used the other four colors.  I started out by choosing that stripey pattern and built the card from there.  I stamped the flower image and sentiment in Blackberry Bliss ink, and then after the ink dried I colored the flowers with Stampin' Blends.


I made another card too, this time using the fill-in stamps instead of coloring with Blends, just to see which one I liked better.  No harm in having two get well cards in my stash.

Hope you'll have fun with these colors too!  Upload your card at the Paper Players blog.  Enjoy!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Hand-Penned Petals
Ink:  Blackberry Bliss, Stampin' Blends in Petal Pink, So Saffron, Mint Macaron
Paper:  Petal Pink, Thick Basic White, Designer Daydream DSP
Accessories:  Deckled Rectangles dies, Penned Flowers dies, Dimensionals

The Paper Players Design Team

Cindy Beach

Christy Stanford <-- You are here : )



7 comments:

Jennie Maier said...

Christy, these cards are really cute. Love those flowers either way! I too thought of the Design a Daydream DSP. It's fun to see everyone using it differently! Have a great week!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I love your paper choices Christy - they compliment each other and highlight your stamped bloom beautifully and you are definitely creating a need for those deckled rectangle dies! Such a pretty card.

Cindy Beach said...

Oh, I love the pretty blooms with the mint panel behind them. Stamping the outlines in Blackberry Bliss adds a beautiful effect. Fabulous, Christy!

Claire Broadwater said...

Your blooms are gorgeous! I love the way you used the colors in the challenge! Have a great week!

LeAnne said...

This is just a perfect way to use those colors...the DSPs are beautiful behind that gorgeous floral, which is one of my favorites! I love how you stamped the sentiment right on the DSP!

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful cards, Christy! Both of the coloring methods have produced lovely blossoms. What a great idea it was to stamp the image in Blackberry Bliss! Have a wonderful weekend!

Anne Marie Hile said...

So pretty, Christy! I love that striped pattern and you used it beautifully.