Wednesday, September 14, 2022

Sugar Apples

Mornin' y'all!  How's your day going?  I had just enough time on Monday (in between six loads of laundry) to make a card to share today.


Yeah I was so set to resist Apple Harvest and then the dies came out and it's all I want to use now ; )  Once again, I inked up the stamp with Versamark, then Early Espresso, stamped it and sprinkled clear EP on it.  Apparently I should have tapped off a bit more of the embossing powder because my apples look like they've got sugar on them.

For today's card, I started off with the Global Design Project challenge:



I traded the yellow/orange tones for greens but kept the layout and the main colors the same on my card.  I thought this paired nicely with the new Inspired By challenge:


Welcome back, Inspired By Challenges!  Nice to see y'all again.  I loved the gorgeous deep red color on the apples in this photo, so I used Cherry Cobbler to watercolor my apples.  Now I've done apples in Polished Pink, Sweet Sorbet, and Cherry Cobbler, but not the color that actually has the word "apple" in its name.  Ha!

Hope you have a great day, peeps.  I need to go pick up a bunch more apples that have fallen off the tree in our yard.

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Apple Harvest, Nature's Prints
Ink:  Versamark, Early Espresso, Cherry Cobbler, Mossy Meadow, Crumb Cake, Sahara Sand
Paper:  Sahara Sand, Very Vanilla, Cherry Cobbler DSP
Accessories:  Apple Blooms dies, Dimensionals, Clear EP

3 comments:

Tanya said...

Your card is gorgeous! I love the "sugared" effect!

Silke Ledlow said...

Beautiful inspired card! So glad you had time to join us at the IB :)

Laurel said...

Fabulous card! Thanks for playing at IB!