Monday, April 6, 2020

Dilapidated Shacks

Scrappy Monday, y'all!  And today I've got a layout that I made last week.  The pictures are from 2010, but the layout itself is hot off the presses, as it were.


Check out the original pictures here.  These pics are from the area of North Carolina where we live right now (we lived here from 2004 to 2007, and the hubs had to come back for a few months in 2010, we all moved back in 2018); there's a lot of farmland around us, and a LOT of old barns and houses that look like they're in imminent danger of falling over.  So in 2010, the hubs and I did a photo safari to take pictures of them, just because we could.  We used to joke about which shack was going to be our next house, and the two sepia-tone pictures we took just make me think of the Wizard of Oz.

Well, I was working on these pages last week, and I could NOT think of any stamp sets to use for embellishments on here.  I had the title done, but I needed something on the left page.  I went through all my SU! stamps and...nothing.  And then I remembered...I have Wizard of Oz stamps!  I got them years ago as a sheet of unmounted rubber, no clue who the manufacturer was.  So I used Dorothy and Toto for my stamped accents, and if you click the photo to enlarge, you'll see that Dorothy has the caption "There's no place like home."

I crack myself up.

A lot.

I don't care if anyone else thinks I'm funny, I know I'm hilarious.


Today's color palette is Marina Mist (blue for Dorothy's dress, which was a lovely coincidence since I had most of the layout put together before I got out the Dorothy stamp), Summer Starfruit, Early Espresso, Cajun Craze, and just a smidge of Very Vanilla.

I've got two layouts that are about 85% done, and then my YTD total will be 98 pages.  Woohoo!

Hope your week is off to a good start, y'all.  We spent some time cleaning up yesterday and I'm feeling better about the world having a clean house.  Weird, huh?  I'd better do the dishes now though, the sink is already filling up again...cheers!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Rough Type, Well-Worn Alphabet, Wizard of Oz stamps (unknown)
Ink:  Marina Mist, Early Espresso, Cajun Craze
Paper:  Marina Mist, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla, Patio Party DSP
Accessories:  None

No comments: