Friday, April 17, 2020

Playing With Poppies

Happy Friday y'all!  Although really, does it matter what day of the week it is anymore?  Except that each day hopefully gets us one day closer to the end of quarantine.  Last night the hubs cut Ryan's hair in the bathtub.  It looks reasonably good for a quarantine cut ;)  His hair is a LOT shorter but that's okay, it'll be easier to manage now.

So I took some time during Ryan's quiet time yesterday to make this card:


I got most of the poppy-related stuff when I did a huge order during Sale-a-Bration, and this is the first time I've used it...it took me a long time to get brave enough to cut into that gorgeous paper ;). I ordered both sets of the coordinating dies too, but the Painted Labels dies to cut out the poppy flower I used are on backorder so I just fussy cut the images instead.

Check out the fun challenge from Freshly Made Sketches:


And the color challenge from Inspire. Create.:


Once I saw this challenge, I *had* to cut into the Peaceful Poppies DSP.  That paper is pretty in the catalog, but it's just amazingly gorgeous in person.

Okay, I'm off for the day.  Hope you have a great Thisday or Thatday or Whateverday!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Painted Poppies, Peaceful Moments
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Poppy Parade, Old Olive
Paper:  Poppy Parade, Old Olive, Thick Whisper White, Peaceful Poppies DSP
Accessories:  Champagne rhinestones, Dimensionals, Wink of Stella

2 comments:

Lee Ann Barrett said...

I'd have a hard time cutting into that too! That is some gorgeous paper and looks fabulous on the main panel of the sketch. Beautifully done. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Cécile RIBON said...

Wow! This poppy pattern paper is absolutely gorgeous. I love how cheerful your card looks! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches.