Friday, April 3, 2020

April Showers

Happy Friday, y'all.  I have been working in my craft room this week, but instead of making cards, I've been working on scrapbook pages.  I think that paper crafting is helping with my emotional well-being during quarantine, so I'm making a concerted effort to get in my craft room when Ryan does quiet time.  I have a small stack of new layouts that I need to take pictures of, but for now, I thought I'd share one I finished last year.


I took pictures at my friend Sarah's baby shower in Japan, and my mom went to my friend Melissa's baby shower in Texas, both of which happened in April so I couldn't resist the title April Showers.  Might be hard to see unless you click on the photo to embiggen.  I made baby books for both Sarah and Melissa; Sarah had a boy and Melissa had a girl.  I figured Barely Banana was a good neutral baby color, so that for the page base, and Wild Wasabi for all the photo mats.  Sarah's page on the left got a cute starry Bermuda Bay pattern, and Melissa's page on the right got the super-girly purple flowers (Mel's favorite color is purple, so I worked it into her book as much as I could).

So a very long time ago, not too long after I started stamping so like probably 15 years ago, I got the Alphahearts stamp set. 


And then...I never used it.  Until this layout.  It just seemed like a good fit for the baby shower layout.  Wheeeee for finally inking up a stamp set!  Now I just need to use the coordinating Alphaheart Numbers :)


Today's color palette is Barely Banana, Bermuda Bay, Wild Wasabi, Rich Razzleberry, Orchid Opulence, Pretty in Pink, and Whisper White.  I just did another layout with Barely Banana for the page base, after not using that color for years I seem to be reaching for it more often lately.  It's less muddy than So Saffron.

Hope you have a great Friday, y'all.  I told the hubs we need to decide which restaurant we're driving by for dinner tonight since we can't actually eat in restaurants right now.

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps: Alphahearts, Baby Bundle
Ink:  Pretty in Pink, Bermuda Bay, Wild Wasabi, Orchid Opulence, Basic Gray
Paper:  Barely Banana, Wild Wasabi, Pretty in Pink, Thick Whisper White, Bubbles & Fizz DSP, Cottage Wall DSP
Accessories:  None

No comments: