Thursday, April 30, 2020

Stained Glass Birthday

Hey y'all, how's it going?  I've got a lot of stuff to do today...gotta do LOTS of laundry and dishes, and the hubs has requested baked spaghetti for dinner so that takes a while to make.  Better get my roller skates on.

Let's start off with a card and then I'll get to work ;)


Painted Glass is another stamp set on the retiring list.  It's beautiful and I haven't used it nearly as much as I thought I would...but it seemed like a good idea for the Global Design Project sketch:


I used the colors from Color Throwdown:


I used Blackberry Bliss, Berry Burst (retired), and Blushing Bride, so today's blog post is brought to you by the letter B.  The sketch made me think of the Color Theory DSP that we had a couple of years ago, and one of the colors was Berry Burst, so that's where the idea for my card started.

So that stained glass window image makes me think of a quote from The Princess Bride:  "I'd just as soon destroy a stained glass window as an artist like yourself.  However, since I can't have you following me either..." *The Man In Black knocks Inigo on the head*

Okay, sounds like the washer is done with the first load, and all the dirty dishes in the sink are ready to get washed, so I'd better get with it.  Have a great day, peeps!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Painted Glass, Itty Bitty Birthdays
Ink:  VersaMark, Blackberry Bliss, Berry Burst, Blushing Bride
Paper:  Blackberry Bliss, Berry Burst, Thick Whisper White, Color Theory DSP
Accessories:  Layering Circles dies, clear EP, Dimensionals, retired glitter enamel dots

2 comments:

LeAnne said...

This is beautiful, Christy! What a great image to use for this...beautiful colors!

Broni said...

Beautiful ombre card, Christy!! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at the Color Throwdown!