Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Healing Hugs

Mornin' y'all!  The hubs got home early from work yesterday, and when he got here, I was dithering between working in my craft room or doing some stitching.  He shooed me into my craft room for a bit and I can't say I'm sorry about that :)  I made a quick card and started on another scrapbook layout, and I still got a bit of stitching done after dinner so yay!  Here's my card:


 I'm entering this in three challenges that I think were just made to be combined.  First up is the Global Design Project CASE the Designer challenge:

I used several elements from the inspiration card on my card: large floral image, yellow, sponging, the Stitched Nested Labels die, and the pair of rhinestone accents.  And look how well this pairs with the Fab Friday sketch:


It would be SUPER easy to quickly make a bunch of cards with this sketch and a stack of DSP, then choose a variety of sentiments.  I stamped the floral layer on my card, so it took a bit more time than doing a die cut of DSP, but I like that idea ;)

Last up is the Paper Players color challenge:


I really like these colors together and quite enjoyed playing with them.  I thought the yellow gingham background made for a nice cheery card, but it's got kind of a warm hug feel that's great for a get well card.  At least that's what it felt like to me!

Hope y'all have a great day.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  So Sentimental, Beautiful Friendship
Ink:  Seaside Spray, Gray Granite
Paper:  Seaside Spray, Thick Whisper White, Subtles DSP in So Saffron
Accessories:  Stitched Nested Labels dies, Stitched So Sweetly dies, Dimensionals, rhinestones

4 comments:

Amanda Mertz said...

Great combination of all the challenges! I like how you stamped the label layer; totally looks like a piece of DSP! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

Heather said...

This is super cute, Christy! I loved how easy and adaptable this sketch was, too - love your stamped flowers! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

Allisa said...

Gorgeous card, love the pop of yellow! Thanks for playing with us at The Paper Players!

Anne Marie Hile said...

So pretty! Love the gingham paired with the soft floral images. Thanks so much for joining us over at The Paper Players!