Thursday, April 9, 2020

Zoo Pals

Hey y'all!  I didn't get to do anything in my craft room on Tuesday, so no card yesterday, but I did manage to get one made during yesterday's quiet time.  Here it is:


 I started with the theme challenge from The Paper Players:


I was thinking about using a retired set for this challenge, and I opened my personal stamp catalog to look through my animal stamp sets, and then I didn't get past Animal Outing :)  I haven't used this stamp set in a YEAR so it was past time to ink it up.  The sentiment was from the very first My Paper Pumpkin kit, and it just seemed perfect for these zoo pals.  The flower and leaf stamps are from the recent SAB set Thoughtful Blooms because I hadn't inked it up yet and it seemed like a good idea with everything else.

I loved the bright colors for this week's Color Throwdown:


I used Pumpkin Pie (the giraffe's spots), Granny Apple Green (I used the darker Blend for the frog, lighter for the leaves, and then used Versamark to stamp the leaves on the Granny Apple die cut layer), Melon Mambo (sentiment, because who doesn't love a pop of pink), and Daffodil Delight (I think you can guess where this is).

Last up is this week's Freshly Made Sketch:



I think I own some non-SU diamond dies, but I didn't feel like digging them out so I just used the Stitched Nested Labels dies for the diamond shape (and the sentiment, for that matter).

Hope y'all have a great day.  I need to get this card in the mail...

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Animal Outing, Thoughtful Blooms, My Paper Pumpkin
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, Versamark, Stampin' Blends in Daffodil Delight, Granny Apple Green, Pumpkin Pie, and Soft Suede
Paper:  Daffodil Delight, Granny Apple Green, Thick Whisper White
Accessories:  Stitched Nested Labels dies, Mini Dimensionals, retired Glitter Enamel Dots

7 comments:

LeAnne said...

Super fun! I love the font on that sentiment and your giraffe is looking quite dapper! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Players!

Stef Perry said...

I can see why you settled on the stamp set you did because that giraffe is a total cutie patootie! The background stamping on both the card base and green die cut looks terrific. Thank you for sharing this darling card with us at The Paper Players this week!

Jacquie Southas said...

You do justice to all the challenges with this fun design! Thanks for playing along with Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Claire Broadwater said...

Christy, this is so fun! Love that colorful giraffe and the fun sentiment! Such a happy card! So happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

What a sweet card Christy with one of my favourite animal stamp sets! I love the background detail of the flower and leaf stamping and the bright colours make your giraffe and frog so cheery. Thanks for playing along with us over at The Paper Players this week!

Amy O said...

Adorable! I love the bright colors and that cute giraffe. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Broni said...

So cute and a great combination of the challenges!! Thank you for playing along with the Color Throwdown challenge!