Tuesday, April 14, 2020

SUO Challenges: Emboss Like a BOSS

Hey hey Stampin' Up! fans!  It is time once again for a new challenge at SUO Challenges!


This time we're asking you to break out the embossing--use embossing powder, embossing paste, or dry embossing.  I decided to break out the Shimmer Black Stampin' Emboss Powder to make this:


As always when a card involves something sparkly, it was hard to get a good picture of this.  The truck image is embossed with the shimmer powder, and the die cut words are covered in it as well so this card shines IRL.  For embossing letters like this, I find it works best to cover half the word with Versamark and the embossing powder, hit it with the heat gun, and then do the other side.  That gives you something to hold on to (the side you're not heating) and if you get two layers of EP on the middle of the word, it's not enough to be noticeable.  And I always lose the dot for the "I" so I used one of the Monster Bash Enamel Shapes from last year's holiday catalog.

My dad owns an orange truck and his favorite color is blue, so that's why I chose the colors I did.  I used the oil stain stamp from Geared Up Garage to make my own patterned paper under the die cut words.  This card is I think 3 1/2" tall by 6 1/4" wide, I measured it to fit in a regular office envelope I had.  I needed it wide enough for both words to go across the front.

Okay, show us how YOU emboss like a boss!  Upload your card at the SUO Challenges blog.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Pedal to the Metal, Geared Up Garage
Ink:  Versamark, Balmy Blue
Paper:  Pacific Point, Pumpkin Pie, Balmy Blue, Basic Black
Accessories:  Stitched Shapes dies, Well Written dies, Shimmer Black EP, Monster Bash Enamel Shapes

No comments: