Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Elvis' Rain Boots

Hey stampy friends!  I actually made a card yesterday, whaaaaaaat!  We'll see if I make one today too, or finish those scrapbook pages and start the next set.  But first, card:


D'awww.  I wasn't going to get the Under My Umbrella bundle at first, but for some reason it snuck on my big March order and I'm glad it did.  That sentiment makes my brain sing Elvis' "Always on My Mind" and also makes me want to watch Practical Magic (if you've seen the movie, you'll understand the connection).

My card is a triple challenge card, starting with the colors from Cupcake Inspirations:


I used Flirty Flamingo, Daffodil Delight, and Balmy Blue for my card.  I paired that with the sketch from CAS(E) This Sketch:


I flipped the sketch 90 degrees to the right and ended up making my card more symmetrical than the sketch, although the umbrella overhanging the sentiment panel keeps it from being totally symmetrical.  I had originally wanted to use a completely different sketch, but I really wanted the rain boots with the sentiment, so I switched to this one instead.

Finally, here's the Global Design Project theme challenge:


I don't really make a lot of Easter cards, so I went with a spring theme instead.  My parents said it's been raining cats and dogs where they are in Texas, but we've had nothing but lovely weather lately.  Which means lots of social distance-appropriate walks for me and the kiddo ;)

Hope you have a lovely day, folks, rain or shine!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Under My Umbrella
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Balmy Blue, Stampin' Blends in Daffodil Delight & Flirty Flamingo
Paper:  Daffodil Delight, Balmy Blue, Thick Whisper White, Pleased as Punch DSP
Accessories:  Umbrella punch, Dimensionals

2 comments:

Totallyawake4-life said...

Adorable - love the Under the Umbrella stamp set!

Lucille K said...

Sweet and simple, very nice. Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations :)