Sunday, March 13, 2022

Spring Colors for the Paper Players

Springtime greetings, stamping friends!  Is it beginning to warm up where you are?  We've had some beautiful sunny weather of late but it's still a bit chilly.  Happily I have a sunny color challenge from the Paper Players to warm up my craft room!


I admit, anytime there's a color challenge featuring any shade of green, my brain immediately yells FLOWERS but I'm stubborn so frequently I try to make something different :)  I still have several new stamp sets that I haven't inked up yet, so I chose one of them and made this:


Ryan's very favorite stuffed animal/companion is a stuffed duckling named Peking (yes, Peking Duck); if you've seen any of my scrapbook layouts of Ryan then you've likely seen Peking as well.  Given that, I couldn't resist the Easter Friends stamp set from the mini catalog and this happy little duckling!  I inked up the stamp with Versamark and Cinnamon Cider, then stamped on Basic White and embossed with clear embossing powder.  That allowed me to watercolor without smudging the lines.  When I stuck everything down on the card, I think I rotated Peking's circle a bit and now it looks like he's waddling down a hill but I like it like that :)

Hope you enjoy playing with these colors as much as I did.  Don't forget to upload your card on the Paper Players blog!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Easter Friends
Ink:  Cinnamon Cider, Daffodil Delight, Mango Melody, Pear Pizzazz, Versamark
Paper:  Mango Melody, Thick Basic White, You're a Peach DSP, Best Dressed DSP Stack
Accessories:  Stitched Shapes dies, clear EP, Dimensionals, Subtles & Brights Candy Dots

7 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Adorable, Christy! You are so making me wish I had bought this stamp set. This little duck is SO cute, and you have colored him perfectly. What a great layout! Have a wonderful week!

Jennie Maier said...

Christy, your little duck is darling! Love the DSP combos! You did a great job with these colors! And I know what you mean about the "flowers", LOL! Have a great week!

laurie said...

Super cute image..love the layers and design!

Claire Broadwater said...

I love all your layers and that darling little duck! Such a sweet card! Such a sweet sentiment, too!

LeAnne said...

This little guy is just right for these colors! Love your sketch too! And I think this set is perfect for so many other occasions besides Easter! Love it!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

This little ducking is so cute and perfect for this week's colours - I love it! So cute that Ryan's duck is called Peking - that made me chuckle!!

Anne Marie Hile said...

I had to smile at "Peking Duck"! That's adorable and so i your card. That little guy looks like he's dancing. Love the mix of DSP you paired him with, too.