Sunday, March 6, 2022

Paper Players: Happy Spring

Here we are at Sunday again already and that means a new Paper Players challenge!


It took me a while to decide what to make for today's challenge, there was so much to be inspired by with the challenge graphic!  In the end, I pulled colors from the two pics on the left, and chose to stamp a tulip because of the pic on the top right, and here's what I made:


The patterned paper was a scrap left over from a previous project, so I designed my card around it.  I decided to showcase just one grand purple tulip and must admit I've been a little obsessed with embossing my sentiments in white on colored cardstock of late :)  I love the crocuses in the inspiration pic and I just acquired a stamp which has crocuses on it, but I couldn't resist playing with this tulip suite for today.  The ribbon was a Sale-a-Bration offering a few years ago but I never get all the way through a roll of ribbon before it's retired.

Now it's your turn to make a spring-inspired card and upload it at the Paper Players blog.  Have fun!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Flowering Tulips
Ink:  Granny Apple Green, Mossy Meadow, Highland Heather, Gorgeous Grape, Mango Melody, Versamark
Paper:  Granny Apple Green, Gorgeous Grape, Thick Basic White, Flowering Fields DSP
Accessories:  Nature's Thoughts dies, Potted Succulents dies, Highland Heather ribbon, white EP

9 comments:

A.Rose said...

A lovely creation with Spring colors!

Jennie Maier said...

Christy, your tulip is perfectly colored! I used those colors for my card too! Great minds think alike! Love the use of the die on the white piece-you've reminded me to get mine out again and use it! Have a great week!

laurie said...

Your bloom is stunning!!! I love tulips.

Cindy Beach said...

Embossing your sentiment in white makes it pop! Love how you used a simple bloom and it shines in these gorgeous colors!

Claire Broadwater said...

Christy, I love this gorgeous bloom! Your layers are perfect and that little bow is so pretty!

LeAnne said...

I am impressed with your use of PURPLES in this card...very striking! I run away from purple, so kudos to you, LOL!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I love purple Christy so your single stemmed tulips is a definite favourite for me and I love the bold pop of colour from the sentiment label too. The die edge detail is so pretty too - I always forget I have that die! Beautiful!

Anne Marie Hile said...

So pretty, Christy! Your color combo is fabulous, too.

Jaydee said...

Christy
I love these gorgeous rich colors, together. The purple and green are just amazing. What a wonderful, rich color scheme. Fabulous card
and... may I say.... I hope you had a wonderful time in Paris - in Springtime! How fabulous is THAT
hugs
jaydee