Sunday, March 27, 2022

Triptych Sketch for the Paper Players

Happy Sunday, stampy friends!  It is time once again for a new challenge at the Paper Players!  Check out this week's sketch:


This sketch is a classic!  I decided to play with some patterned paper for my card, here's what I made:


Stitched Rectangles dies to the rescue!  I love the patterns in the Symbols of Fortune DSP, but I didn't get the coordinating Crane of Fortune bundle.  The three smaller rectangles were cut from the Symbols of Fortune DSP and then I decided they needed a darker backdrop, so I used the In Color DSP stack for the Evening Evergreen pattern.  The sentiment is once again heat embossed in white on dark cardstock, and then I used the Potted Succulents dies to cut it out (slightly crooked, but...it's a handmade card, so slightly crooked is to be expected).  A few gems under the sentiment and done!

Hope you enjoy the sketch as much as I did, don't forget to upload your card at the Paper Players blog!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Simply Succulents
Ink:  Versamark
Paper:  Crumb Cake, Evening Evergreen, Symbols of Fortune DSP, Evening Evergreen DSP
Accessories:  Stitched Rectangles dies, Potted Succulents dies, White EP, Dimensionals, Polished Dots

9 comments:

Jennie Maier said...

Christy, great combo of papers! The colors are great too! Cute card! Have a great week!

Jaydee said...

What a fabulous combination of flowers and I love that gorgeous sentiment embossed in white. It really pops off the background. hugs jaydee

LeAnne said...

I never really paid attention to this DSP but this is the second card today I've seen using this pattern, and I really like it! I may have to re-think it! Lovely way to use the plaid in the background too! Thanks for rocking my sketch!

Cindy Beach said...

The sentient is such a pretty focal point and I love the papers. What a fab mix of colors, I love the cream and crumb cake and the bit of peach. Lovely in every way, Christy!

laurie said...

Perfect!! Love the clear dots you added too!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

The label shape is a great way to add interest to your sentiment focal point and I love those panels against the dark green - gorgeous, Christy!

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Christy! This paper is amazing. It's one of my faves. Of course, I LOVE the plaid with it. You know me and plaid! Such an uplifting sentiment,too! Have a wonderful week!

Claire Broadwater said...

Christy, such a love sentiment! Your floral paper is so pretty, too! The dark green plaid is the perfect background! Lovely!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Christy! You just added that DSP to my next order. Like you, I didn't get the suite but you made me give the paper another look for sure. Love it!