Sunday, March 20, 2022

Paper Players: CAS Blooms

Good morning and happy Sunday, stampers!  It is time once again for a new Paper Players challenge and I think you'll like it:


I don't know about you, but I have a lot of flower stamps to choose from ;) In fact, I made three cards for this challenge; I'll share the other two later this week but here's the one I ultimately chose for the DT:


I'm sure you've seen many blue and yellow sunflower card designs lately; I was perusing my stamps for this challenge and happened to see the image from Provencal and had to use it.  Both Provencal and Hope Happens are long-retired, but I just got Provencal a couple of months ago so this is the first time I've ever used it.  The hope sentiment just felt appropriate.  We know people who are hosting (or soon will be) Ukrainian refugees in their homes.

I hope you'll upload your own CAS creation on the Paper Players blog, can't wait to see what you make!

Supplies, all SU! (some retired)
Stamps:  Provencal, Hope Happens
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Pacific Point
Paper:  Pacific Point, Thick Basic White
Accessories:  Stitched So Sweetly dies, watercolor pencils, Daffodil Delight ribbon, Dimensionals

8 comments:

LeAnne said...

Oh my gosh, I couldn't wait to comment on this card, I love it so much! I totally forgot about this pretty sunflower image from this set, but it's perfect for the challenge as well as in the colors of the Ukraine! Definitely will be CASing this!

Cindy Beach said...

I love this Christy! It's always fun to catch a glimpse of an older stamp that works with a design we're making now. Your coloring is beautiful, and the ribbon and scalloped panel are the perfect additions. Clean and Simple done fabulously!

Jennie Maier said...

This is really cute Christy! Love the simple little image popped up against the bright blue! Have a great week!

Ann Schach said...

Clean and beautiful, Christy! Pacific Point and white are so crisp looking together, and the pop of Daffodil Delight adds a touch of cheer! This image is absolutely perfect. I LOVE this card! Have a wonderful week!

Claire Broadwater said...

So beautiful! Love the PP background and the beautiful sunflowers! This sentiment is fabulous! Have a great weekend, My Friend!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I love this country sunflower image Christy - perfect both for the challenge and with #cardsforukraine in mind. I love the bold blue background too. Great card Christy!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Christy, this is beautiful in so many ways. The world truly needs more hope right now and this is such a beautiful way to keep the Ukrainian people in our hearts. Sending you a big hug!

Jaydee said...

Christy, I love the simplicity of your card. The beautiful sunflowers are just gorgeous against all of that sea of blue and the touch of ribbon adds another layer of texture and interest without taking away from this fabulous CAS feel.
hugs
jaydee