Thursday, March 10, 2022

Pointed Remark

Mornin', y'all!  How's it going today?  I did spend time in my craft room yesterday, but I only made two cards before I went back to stitching instead.  I'm down to the very last page on my current (giant) stitching project and I just want to be DONE with it.  So here's one of the cards I made.


I was going to put a thin mat of Polished Pink around the main image panel which is when I noticed that the rectangle isn't plum--it's turning into a parallelogram!  The die didn't look warped but the shape it cut out definitely is.  I'm chalking it up to the charms of handmade paper crafts :)  Also, I put two flowers on top of my cactus because it reminds me of the pompoms on a winter hat my hubs bought me.

I used this week's Freshly Made Sketch:


And the Color Throwdown:


I used Smoky Slate, Polished Pink, and Granny Apple Green for my colors.

Gotta get my workout done and get ready to go for the day.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Cactus Cuties
Ink:  Polished Pink, Granny Apple Green, Smoky Slate, Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper:  Smoky Slate, Thick Basic White, Sunshine & Rainbows DSP Stack
Accessories:  Stitched Rectangles dies, Dimensionals, Wink of Stella

3 comments:

Broni said...

I'm a sucker for succulents, so I REALLY love this card, Christy!! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at the Color Throwdown.

Tammy said...

I adore this card! It is so cute, and the colors are spot on!!

Celeste Goff said...

Love this card and the sentiment is awesome!