Saturday, March 19, 2022

You Spin Me Right Round, Baby

Saturday surprise!  I had one more challenge that I wanted to participate in, so bonus card for this week :) And I inked up another new stamp set!


I paired up For the Record with the Abstract Beauty DSP stack and I'm 100% sure this record is fabulous music from the 80s :)  Probably the Bangles.  Check out the Try Stamping on Tuesday sketch:


I spent a long time searching through my embossing powders because the black powder was hiding.  I finally found it and then decided to do the shimmery black powder instead and I love how that turned out, look at this:


SU! only had the shimmery white and black embossing powders for one year I think, and they were *awesome*.  I still have a few containers of Iridescent Ice embossing powder too, loved that.


I thought about putting the sentiment on the front, but decided I couldn't cover up that glittery record, so I stamped the inside instead.

We had a couple of rainy days this week, but today is just beautiful weather so we're going to get out and enjoy it.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  For the Record
Ink:  Versamark, Memento Tuxedo Black, Magenta Madness
Paper:  Basic Black, Thick Basic White, Abstract Beauty DSP Stack
Accessories:  Shimmery Black EP, Layering Circles dies, Dimensionals, Graveyard Gala enamel dots

7 comments:

Tanya said...

Love it!

Heather said...

Hah, this is awesome, Christy! Love this stamp paired up with that fun paper - what great colors! Thanks so much for playing at Try Stampin' on Tuesday!

Dena J said...

For the Record is just perfect for the sketch!! I love the colors and modern design of the papers. What a very fun card. Thank you for joining the challenge at Try Stampin' On Tuesday. - Dena J, DT

Denise Willerton said...

such a fun card, I love the shimmery Black EP Christy, I love the For The Record stamp set...so perfect for this sketch... thank you for joining us at TSOT ~ Denise DT

Donna Scholz said...

Great card for our Try Stampin' on Tuesday sketch, Christy! Love how you used colors for the focal image to coordinate with the beautiful Abstract Beauty DSP!! Thank you for sharing your card and creativity with us at TSOT!!! -Donna

Anna said...

What a fun card! I love the colored background paper, the sparkly record and the whole thing. I agree that some awesome 80s music is playing in the background--maybe some Prince to go with the Bangles? Maybe not because there isn't enough purple on the card to go with Prince's sensibilities. Thank you for joining us for this challenge at Try Stampin' on Tuesday and look forward to seeing you again soon!
Anna, Design Team

Donna Scholz said...

Congratulations, Christy! Your great card was selected as one of Try Stampin' on Tuesday's "Top 3"!! -Donna