Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Wonderful Honeybee

Hey hey, y'all!  I thought I would be working today but instead I have an unexpected day off.  My plans for the day include watching the latest episode of NCIS while I stitch, and then heading upstairs to work in my craft room.  And of course laundry ;)

But first, here's one of the cards I made on Monday!


This is the maiden voyage for the Honeybee Home suite at my house, what do you think?  This is another card that I had to take 4-5 pictures before I got a semi-good one.  You can't tell but I veeeeery lightly colored the bee's wings with Pool Party and added some Wink of Stella on top. 

This is a triple challenge card, starting with The Card Concept:

While I do like the inspiration pic, I decided to only use the colors for my card today:  Garden Green, Old Olive, Daffodil Delight, and Early Espresso.  My card is in the clean & layered style, which I think is my home base :)  I paired that with the sketch from Sunday Stamps:


And last up is the Festive Friday challenge:


From the list, I used flowers/plants, green, and bugs/insects.  Would "stay wonderful" count as an encouragement?

Okay, I'm going to go get started on all my crafty things :) I plan to enjoy my unexpected day off.  Hope you have a great day too!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Honeybee Home
Ink:  Early Espresso, Stampin' Blends in Old Olive, Daffodil Delight, Pool Party
Paper:  Crumb Cake, Garden Green, Old Olive, Thick Basic White, Heart & Home DSP
Accessories:  Honeybee Blooms dies, Layering Circles dies, Mini Dimensionals, Wink of Stella

10 comments:

Helen Jennings said...

I think stay wonderful is very definitely encouraging. Thank you for adding your lovely card to the Festive Friday Challenge.

Heather said...

Wow, Christy - I LOVE this! What a simple and effective showcase of this suite - your colors are perfect, and the sentiment is just so sweet! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

Karen Letchworth said...

What a lovely Spring card. Thanks so much for sharing your art with us at The Card Concept and please visit again soon.

LeAnne said...

I just love this....beautiful way to use our inspiration photo! Thanks for playing with the Card Concept this week!

Heidi Baks said...

Oooh, I love the colors from the inspiration photo! It creates a fun contrast on your card, and I love the nice font and clean background. Thanks for joining Sunday Stamps this week.

Diane Evans said...

What a great card! I love the simplicity of it. Thanks for joining us in the Festive Friday Challenge

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

This is a wonderful card. I love that busy background with the soft die cuts atop it. Just a fabulous combination very pleasing to the eye. Thanks so much for playing with us at Festive Friday.

Stef Perry said...

Such a sweet card Christy! The CAS take on the sketch really highlights the pretty floral stem and honey bee. Thanks so much for joining us at Sunday Stamps!

Claire Broadwater said...

I love this! Such a great way to use our sketch! The floral stem and honey bee are perfect! So happy you joined us at Sunday Stamps!

Jaydee said...

Great job combining challenges, Christy. I love the circle that grounds the other elements. Fabulous card. So glad you shared it with us at Festive Friday
hugs
jaydee