Friday, March 18, 2022

I'll Bee Missing You

Hey y'all, we made it to another Friday!  I must admit I've been preoccupied with my stitching project of late because I'm on the last page of it, but I did make a couple of cards yesterday because I still have to take breaks from stitching occasionally :)  So here's the first card I made.


Check out this week's Freshly Made Sketch:


I thought of the rectangular postage stamp punch as soon as I saw it, and bees came to mind when I saw this week's Color Throwdown:


I admit I was not thrilled with this palette--I read the colors as all neutrals, but the challenge write-up called the second color yellow and that made it work better for me.  I don't like the all-neutral challenges.  I used Smoky Slate (really the patterned paper has Basic Gray on it), So Saffron, Crumb Cake (what, you don't see it?  That's what I used for the bees' legs), and Memento Tuxedo Black.

That's it for me today, cheers peeps!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Honeybee Home
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Smoky Slate, Stampin' Blends in So Saffron, Smoky Slate, Crumb Cake
Paper:  So Saffron, Thick Basic White, Heart & Home DSP
Accessories:  Rectangular Postage Stamp punch, Dimensionals, Wink of Stella

5 comments:

Tanya said...

This is SO cute!

Basement Stamper said...

Adorable card, love the textured paper behind the images. So Cute!

Judy Rozema said...

Hi Christy! I love bees and this is a perfect card! Thank you for playing along with my sketch at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Jen Timko said...

I love how you used the sketch. Pretty with the yellow and the bees. So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

Amy O said...

I love these bees and the fun postage stamps on this sweet card! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!