Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Birthday Butterfly Stripes

Hey y'all, I missed posting yesterday because we're getting ready for the hubs' extended family to visit next week.  I did make a card to share today and I've gotta write this blog post quickly so I can get to cleaning up.  So here we go!


This is a triple challenge card!  First up is the sketch from Hand Stamped Sentiments:


I probably should have chosen a smaller sentiment to be a bit more in line with the sketch.  I like this one, I can see using it over and over.

Next is the Global Design Project theme challenge:


Butterflies are definitely the supermodels of the bug world ; )

Last up is the Cupcake Inspirations challenge:


You would think I would add bugs + stripes and get bees, but nope.  I started out by looking through several packs of patterned paper for some stripes and had lots of options to choose from, but I chose the gold and white stripes and went from there.  I accented the butterflies with some small gold sequins from a past Paper Pumpkin kit.

Okay, I'm off to go vacuum the boy's room, there's a sandbox at his daycare and I think he's trying to bring it home one shoe-full of sand at a time.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Artfully Layered
Ink:  Versamark
Paper:  Granny Apple Green, Basic Black, Tahitian Tide, Polished Pink, Abstract Beauty DSP Stack
Accessories:  white EP, Brilliant Wings dies, Stylish Shapes dies, Dimensionals, gold sequins

7 comments:

Rebecca Nutley said...

So bright and cheerful!

Heather said...

Beautiful, Christy, and great job hitting all three challenges in a go! Love the stitched banner for your sentiment, and the look of the heat embossing for it - and beautiful butterflies! Thanks so much for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

Stampin Expressions said...

Such a pretty card! You used the sketch in such a fun way and the color combo is so happy! Thanks so much for playing with the hand stamped sentiments challenge.

Nora Noll said...

This card is so pretty!! I love the gems on the butterflies!! Thank you for playing with us this week at Cupcake Inspirations!

Nora
CIC DT Member

Stampin by Genny said...

Love your take on our sketch and the bright colors are a fabulous pairing for your butterflies. Thanks joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Sweta Changela said...

Wonderful card with a variety of elements that flow together nicely !
Thanks for joining us over at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge! We hope you'll return back for future challenges too :)

Best,
Sweta
CIC DT

Jolanda Johnstone said...

Hi! You did a fantastic job of marrying all three challenges. Fresh, bright and fun. So glad you joined us a HSS this round. Cheers, Jolanda - DT