Sunday, May 1, 2022

Paper Players: Let Me Tell You 'Bout...

Howdy, y'all!  How's your weekend going?  I am currently working on curating The Most Awesome 70s Playlist Ever : )  Bought my very first pair of bell bottoms a couple weeks ago too, not sure why I have suddenly discovered the 70s but I'm going with it!

And today it's time for a new Paper Players challenge with a great theme from Jaydee!


My brain immediately started singing "Let me tell you 'bout the birds and the bees and the flowers and the trees and the moon up above...and a thing called looooooooove!"  And then as I was looking through all my stamp sets with birds and/or bees included, my brain took a left turn and started singing the Tiki Room song from Disneyland, and here's what I made:


Apparently my left-turn brain was in the mood for fluorescent colors.  Sometimes I wonder about how my brain works ; )  Just Beakause has been in my collection for a very long time but I haven't used it a whole lot.  Every other time, I've used markers to color in the birds, but this time I decided to heat emboss two of the birds in white since apparently I am sorta obsessed with white embossing powder lately.  What do you think?  I used the brand new In Colors Tahitian Tide and Parakeet Party combined with Pumpkin Pie and the outgoing Magenta Madness.  That striped pattern is from the new Tea Boutique DSP Stack (and you *know* I got the coordinating tea stamps and dies!) and the sequins are from the retired Tutti Frutti sequin pack from a few years ago.  I like combining new and old schtuff.

Anyway, I had fun with this theme and I hope you do too!  Upload your creation at the Paper Players blog and go have some fun with stamps, ink, and paper today.  Cheers!

The Paper Players Design Team

Cindy Beach

Christy Stanford <-- You are here : )

Jennie Maier

Supplies, all SU! (some retired)
Stamps:  Just Beakause
Ink:  Versamark, Parakeet Party
Paper:  Tahitian Tide, Parakeet Party, Magenta Madness, Pumpkin Pie, Tea Boutique DSP Stack
Accessories:  Stylish Shapes dies, Stitched Rectangles dies, Tutti Frutti adhesive sequins, Dimensionals, white EP

11 comments:

Tracy Grauer said...

Super cute! I love the colors you used and the puny sentiment! LOL! BTW, bell bottoms!!! OMG! When I was in high school bell bottoms were hip!!! (I'm old and dating myself!) Not sure if I would want to wear them now...time will tell! Enjoy yours and your 70's playlist!

Jennie Maier said...

This is so cute and colorful! Great job with this week’s theme! Have a great week!

laurie said...

Love the bright colors and how you added the fun sequins!!!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

These birds are SO fun and I love the bright, fluorescent colours - they totally work! The playlist sounds like a fun activity too!

Claire Broadwater said...

Christy, I love these bright color and white heat embossed birdies! SO fun! Such a fun card! Have a great week!

Ida said...

This is such a fun card. Love the toucans and the bright cheery color scheme. (What company is that stamp set from?)

LeAnne said...

What I think is that your embossing is BOSS! No strays around and I love the bright neon colors! Just fantastic!

Jaydee said...

Christy
you are rocking those punny sentiments! this made me LOL. I love the leaf stamped layer and those sequins are the perfect way to continue the color choices. Fabulous!
hugs
jaydee

Ann Schach said...

Such bright and cheery colors, Christy! I LOVE the white embossed birds. They really stand out. What great images! I also think the sentiment is just as cute as can be. What a fun card!!!

Cindy Beach said...

I think it's positively wonderful and I LOVE the twist and turns your brain takes, lol! They make for a fresh fun and happy card! I love the white embossing and new bright colors.

Anne Marie Hile said...

Oh how I love a punny sentiment and this is just adorable, Christy! The color combo is sooooo fun, too!