Thursday, May 12, 2022

The Importance of Self-Care

Confession:  I have tea on the brain this week.  *sips tea from mug*


I wasn't *planning* on making another tea card this week, but I saw this week's sketch at CAS Colours & Sketches and I just couldn't help it!  And today I *did* use the pink :)  There's one sheet in the Tea Boutique DSP stack that has a bunch of teapots on a white background, just begging to be cut out, so I cut apart all the teapots and picked one for today's card.  The patterned strip is the back side of the sheet with all the teapots on it, that was the "extra" at the sides that had teapots going off the edge of the paper, but I managed to use even that little strip, woohoo!  The floral background is a scrap from the piece I used for yesterday's card.  The only stamp is the sentiment; I added a couple of matte dots and it was done.

Fun fact:  I do think of tea as a self-care ritual.  The entire process of making tea necessitates that you take the time to boil the water, let the tea steep, and then let the tea cool a bit before drinking.  I like to take that time for a few minutes of quiet away from whatever else it is I need to do.

Anyway, here's the fun sketch I used:


I was productive in my craft room yesterday but I had trouble getting good pictures of the things I made.  I took pics of several scrapbook layouts and I'll have to take them all over again another day, they all turned out bluish or otherwise funky.  So, I took the best pic I could of the card for today.

Hope your week is going well!  If it needs improvement, perhaps take a few minutes out of your day for a nice cuppa tea?  Works for me.

Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Cup of Tea
Ink:  Starry Sky
Paper:  Petal Pink, Tea Boutique DSP Stack
Accessories:  Stylish Shapes dies, Dimensionals, Matte Dots

3 comments:

Shannon Lorenz-Hatch said...

Ooooooo! This is so pretty! The blue and pink are simply gorgeous together! The feel of this card itself would make anyone feel better. Thanks for joining us this week at CC&S

Valérie said...

Very pretty card. I love the color combo. To take care of yourself is indeed very important and with your card, the person will feel better! Thank you for sharing your beautiful creation at CC&S. Stay safe and keep crafting! xx

samantha's cards said...

What a delightful take on the sketch, thanks for playing along with us at CC&S.