Wednesday, May 4, 2022

Conquering Hero

Happy hump daaaaaaay and I hope your week is going well.  My headache from yesterday is still here but I'm trying to ignore it until it goes away : p  It's not as bad as yesterday, which is good; I stamped a page title for a scrapbook layout yesterday and then accidentally chopped the bottom of the letters off when I was trying to trim it just a little bit, so I gave up on my craft room after that happened.  But I got back in there this morning and made a card for today:


Hail the conquering hero!  Sorry for the harsh shadows, it's super sunny here today (beautiful day, really) which makes it hard to get a good picture of my card.  Either it's outside with harsh shadows or I take the pic inside and everything looks blue.

Check out the color palette from CAS Colours & Sketches:


Just a coincidence that it shares two colors with yesterday's color challenge from Global Design Project.  In fact, I had stamped this Viking with the intention of using the GDP colors, but changed my mind and went with Artfully Layered instead.  But I kept the Viking and thought he'd look good in these colors today.  I did add some Gray Granite for his sword, shield, and helmet, but otherwise kept to the challenge colors.  Even his skin was colored with the light Pale Papaya Blend!  And I discovered that if I colored his beard with the dark Calypso Coral Blend and then went over it with the light Pale Papaya, the light marker acted almost like a color lifter.  I liked the effect on his beard.  Since this is a CAS challenge, I kept the layout very simple--in fact, I used the leftover scrap of DSP from my last CAS C&S card for the sentiment panel on here, then just fussy cut the warrior and popped him up on Dimensionals.

Okay, I'm off to redo that pesky page title from yesterday.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Brave Vikings
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Soft Suede, Stampin' Blends in Soft Suede, Calypso Coral, Pale Papaya, and Gray Granite
Paper:  Calypso Coral, Thick Basic White, New Horizons DSP Stack
Accessories:  Stitched Rectangles dies, Dimensionals

2 comments:

Shannon Lorenz-Hatch said...

Great Card - Love how you pulled all the cards together! This is such a cute stamp set. Thanks so much for joining us this week at CC&S

Michal said...

How cool is that?! I love that adorable viking and the layout you chose for your card. Thank you for joining us this week at CC&S!