Tuesday, May 10, 2022

SUO Challenges: A Birthday Record

Happy Tuesday!  Ready for a new challenge from SUO Challenges?


This time around our theme is birthdays!  Everybody has one of those, so I know I can always use more birthday cards.  So here's what I made:


I decided early on that I wanted to use For the Record (get it now, it's not carried over in the new annual catalog) but then I got stuck on a layout idea, so I did what I always do:  flipped through the catalogs until I found something I could CASE :)  In this case, my inspiration came from page 58 of the Occasions catalog, the card on the bottom right.  I used that as a jumping-off point and made my card from there.  For the banner behind the record, I took the patterned paper (which was white with black splatters) and used a blending brush to add some Pool Party ink.  The record is heat embossed with black embossing powder, as is the sentiment.  If you're careful lining it up, the largest circle in the Stylish Shapes dies will just fit perfectly around the record.  The stars and gold gemstone in the record center are SU!, but I think they're retired.  I don't have the packaging for them anymore so I have no idea.

Your turn now!  Create a birthday card and upload it on the SUO Challenges blog.  As always, use your Stampin' Up! products and have fun!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  For the Record
Ink:  Versamark, Pool Party
Paper:  Pool Party, Blushing Bride, Thick Basic White, Abstract Art DSP Stack
Accessories:  Stylish Shapes dies, black EP, gold accents, Dimensionals

1 comment:

Heather said...

What great papers to go with this set, Christy! I think you made the perfect layout choice - this really sings!