Sunday, May 8, 2022

Paper Players: Floral Tea Blend

Happy Mother's Day!  Well, it's Mother's Day in America anyway.  The hubs and the spawn teamed up this morning to make orange scones for breakfast...Ryan very much wanted cinnamon chip muffins, but I had picked orange scones for breakfast days ago before I even knew that today was Mother's Day, so Ryan got overruled ;)  I'll make him muffins next time.  The hubs asked for help with part of the recipe but he just chased me back out of the kitchen, so let's take a look at the Paper Players challenge for this week!


This sweet color combo is from Joanne and I love it!  These three colors look so great together.  I couldn't resist inking up a brand new stamp set from the just-released Stampin' Up! catalog and I made this:


The Cup of Tea stamp set and matching dies are the very first bundle in the catalog, and you know that this tea-loving stamper bought it immediately :)  It took me DAYS to get a good picture of this card, not sure why that was so difficult.  The teacup might look black in the photo but I promise it is stamped on Night of Navy cardstock and embossed with white, and the rhinestones are dark blue too.  I didn't even realize when I made this card that the challenge was starting on Mother's Day, but the sentiment I chose is appropriate for that!

Hope you'll take some time to play along with the color challenge and share your card at the Paper Players blog.  I just heard the kitchen timer go off so it's time to see how the hubs and spawn did at making scones :D  Cheers!

The Paper Players Design Team

Cindy Beach

Christy Stanford <-- You are here : )


Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Cup of Tea
Ink:  Versamark, Granny Apple Green, Fresh Freesia
Paper:  Granny Apple Green, Night of Navy, Thick Basic White, Tea Boutique DSP Stack
Accessories:  Teacup dies, white EP, Waves of the Ocean rhinestones, Night of Navy baker's twine

8 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Such a sweet card, Christy! So delicate and feminine! I love the sentiment tag. Grounding the tea cup with the swoosh of color is a small detail that adds so much. Have a wonderful week!

Jennie Maier said...

Christy, this is sooo cute! Love that embossed teacup! You did a great job with the colors! Have a great week!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I love your floral-filled teacup Christy - this committed tea drinker almost used this set too! The sweet little tag is the perfect way to add a special sentiment too. happy Mother's Day for yesterday - I hope the scones were good!!

laurie said...

What a sweet card I just love it!

Cindy Beach said...

As a tea lover, I'm a big fan of this new set too! I love how you've used it and made the cup striped in navy! A very very pretty card, Christy!

Claire Broadwater said...

Christy, I love your little tea cup filled with gorgeous flowers. The little tag is perfect for your special sentiment! Love it!

LeAnne said...

I love the simplicity of this pretty little tea cup and flowers! That DSP is a perfect background, isn't it? I think I need a cup right now!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Such a cheery card, Christy! I have to agree that Night of Navy is tough to photograph, too.