Monday, May 30, 2022

Lovely Tulips

Hey y'all!  This week's Scrappy Monday post will actually be on Tuesday ; ) because I wanted to get my card submitted to Freshly Made Sketches before the challenge ended.  Take a looksie:


And here's the sketch:


We're well past tulip season here, but the idea popped into my head as soon as I saw the sketch so I had to make it anyway.  (Plus I needed an excuse to ink up Tulip Fields before it retires at the end of June...)  I colored the windmill with a mix of Crumb Cake and Soft Suede Blends, and then used the Color Lifter on the main part of the windmill which gave it a nice mottled look.  Also, Mossy Meadow isn't listed as one of the colors in the Flowering Fields DSP, but it sure matches up well to some of the patterns in my opinion.

Hope your week is off to a good start.  All our guests left yesterday so we're using today to relax and recuperate a bit before getting back to our regular routine tomorrow.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Flowering Tulips, Tulip Fields
Ink:  Soft Suede, Mossy Meadow, Stampin' Blends in Crumb Cake & Soft Suede
Paper:  So Saffron, Mossy Meadow,  Thick Basic White, Flowering Fields DSP
Accessories:  Stitched Rectangles dies, Stylish Shapes dies, Basic Borders dies, Windmill Fields dies, Dimensionals, brass butterflies

2 comments:

Judy Rozema said...

What a great design! I love your field of tulips on that panel! Thank you for playing in our FMS challenge this week!

Tanya said...

This is SO pretty! Love that windmill! Great use of the sketch too!