Friday, May 19, 2023

Festive Owl

Another quick card to share today, because I'm still having fun playing with a few of the new colors, and a retired Sale-a-Bration set just because these owls really ARE adorable, check it out:


I started off with the latest challenge from Festive Friday:


From the list, I used yellow, black (the owl is stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black), happy sentiment, and enamel dots.  The dots are Bumblebee but seemed to coordinate okay with the Lemon Lolly elements on my card.  I paired that with this sketch from Try Stampin' on Tuesday:


For the background layers, I went really simple and just tore the edges on a scrap of DSP, then layered it on a cardstock mat.

That's it for me today, cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Adorable Owls, Playing in the Rain
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Azure Afternoon, Stampin' Blends in Pecan Pie, Lemon Lolly, Azure Afternoon, Ivory
Paper:  Lemon Lolly, Azure Afternoon, Thick Basic White, Bright & Beautiful DSP Stack
Accessories:  Stylish Shapes dies, Matte Dots, Mini Dimensionals

8 comments:

Tanya said...

This is adorable!! I love the bright happy colors with this cute owl!

Donna Scholz said...

Christy, what a great quick card that's suitable for just about any occasion! You did a lovely job of coloring that cute owl, and matching his eyes to the background paper!! Thank you so much for sharing your card and talents once again with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday!!! -Donna

Polly said...

Your card is adorable! I love that stamp set as well! Thanks for joining us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday!

foleysfriend said...

Adorable card! I love the torn edge of the star patterned paper. It's a nice contrast to all the straight edges. Thanks for joining us at Try Stampin' On Tuesday.

sue n.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Oh I love this blue and yellow combo Christy and the torn edge starry panel is just fab. As for the owl, always a winner in my book!! Thanks for playing along with us over at Festive Friday this week!

Beth McCullough said...

Such a bright and happy card, Christy! Anyone would be thrilled to receive it! Thanks for joining us at Festive Friday Challenge!

Jaydee said...

Christy, a card guaranteed to bring a smile. Your happy owl is just too adorable and I love the starry panel. So glad you shared this fabulous card with us at Festive Friday this week
Jaydee

Beth McCullough said...

Congrats Christy! Your owl card is a FAVE for last week's Festive Friday! Congrats and hope you keep entering our challenge! Blessings, Beth :)