Friday, May 12, 2023

Dancing in the Rain

Happy Friday, y'all!  And my last day working at Arts & Crafts, too.  And then next week it's all about prepping for the packers to come on the 22d.  Going to be busy, busy, busy for the rest of the month!

Which is exactly why I am squeezing out every possible minute in my craft room before all my stuff gets packed up.  So here's my card for today:


So I started with this week's Color Throwdown:


File this under "colors I would never put together in a million years".  Actually the only one that had me flummoxed was the lilac shade, I like orange and aqua together just fine, but that lilac shade definitely threw me for a loop.  In the end, I went with Pumpkin Pie, Azure Afternoon, Wisteria Wonder (retired), and Memento Tuxedo Black for stamping the bunny.  I paired that with this week's Freshly Made Sketch:


So I was pondering what on earth to do with those colors and this sketch and I was in the shower yesterday morning (because naturally most good ideas occur while in the shower) and I remembered this week's Paper Players theme challenge:


And that made me think of the bunny dancing in the rain and suddenly I figured out how to make the colors work together.  I managed to make this entire card in the space of about 20 minutes before work yesterday.  So thank you to the Paper Players for pulling together those other two challenges and making my brain work : )

I'm off to work for the last time (at this job, anyway).  Have a great day, peeps!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Playing in the Rain, Rhino Ready
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Wisteria Wonder, Azure Afternoon, Stampin' Blends in Smoky Slate, Pumpkin Pie, Flirty Flamingo, Azure Afternoon
Paper:  Wisteria Wonder, Thick Basic White, Bright & Beautiful DSP Stack
Accessories:  Stylish Shapes dies, Dimensionals, Blue Rhinestone Gems

4 comments:

Jaydee said...

Christy, fabulous job combining the challenges! I love this sentiment with the look of joy on your focal image. This card just makes me smile and reminds me that, even though I am way too old to get away with it, I'd love to go jump in puddles. Thanks for sharing this fabulous card with us at The Paper Players
hugs
jaydee

LeAnne said...

So cute! You nailed the sketch and I am impressed of your use of the colors---they had me scratching my head for sure! Always happy to see your creations in the gallery!

Claire Broadwater said...

Christy, this is just adorable! I love the little bunny enjoying the rainy day! Thank you so much for joining my challenge at The Paper Players this week!

Broni said...

Love this, Christy! Thanks for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown!