Monday, May 8, 2023

Once More, In Purple

Hey y'all, Scrappy Monday is on hold for this week because our packers arrive two weeks from today and I am over here trying to stamp cards for as many challenges as possible before they pry my supplies out of my little grabby hands.  Plus I had a third rhino stamp and I just couldn't leave her out of the technicolor goodness so I made this:


I was inspired by Tammy's beautiful card at Inspire. Create.:


Tammy is one of my teammates over at SUO Challenges so I'm extra tickled to see her card featured as a CASE the Designer challenge.  Congrats, Tammy!  I traded her pinks for purple (Bubble Bath kind of rides the line between purple and pink, it's pinple...or PUNK) and used more of the most excellent Bright & Beautiful DSP Stack for my background panels.  And I chose purples thanks to the pretty inspo pic from Just Add Ink:


No hearts or flowers or cookies on my card, but I think that little rhino is just as sweet as any of those things.  Finally, I'm entering at the As You See It challenge:



Rhino Ready and the Bright & Beautiful DSP were both in my most recent SU! order, so they are the newest additions to my craft room.  I did order a few things on May 2 and I'm worried I won't get them before we pack out, oops!  I'll figure out something.  Anyway, in happy news, the AYSI team chose my card as the winner of their last challenge, which was super exciting!  Thank you, AYSI team!

Okay, I should probably go do *something* to prep for the move...like pack up my retired ink pads.  And another load of laundry because there's always another load of laundry to do.  Have a great day, peeps!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Rhino Ready
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin' Blends in Fresh Freesia & Bubble Bath
Paper:  Bubble Bath, Fresh Freesia, Thick Basic White, Bright & Beautiful DSP
Accessories:  Stylish Shapes dies, In Color Opal Rounds (retired), Dimensionals

9 comments:

Tammy said...

This is absolutely adorable!! Love that rhino!! Thanks for joining us at Inspire.Create!

Heather said...

Oh dang, Christy, why have I not been making rhinos in all different colors?? This is darling! I'll have to work to catch up here, I'll need them in MANY colors, lol. Love this layout, too! Thanks so much for playing at As You See It!

Jane Knudsen said...

This little rhino is pretty dang sweet! The colors are fun and I am glad you got to use some of your new stuff before the packers haul it all away! Everyone is moving! Maybe I should move...hmm..no. Good luck with it all! Thanks for playing along with As You See It!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I love this sweet rhino Christy - so pretty in pink! The perfect distraction from packing - I envisage you will have stamps and inks packed with the kettle at this rate lol! Thanks for playing with your new goodies over at As You See It Challenge!

Heather Cooper said...

Christy, I can't believe you're moving soon! I just went through that! And believe me, the room that took the most boxes to pack up was my craft room!! Good luck with that! Your rhino is so whimsical in purple! I think rhinos were made to be purple, actually! Thanks for filling in the blank for us at As You See It Challenges!

Chantell Randall said...

A lovely card - cute image and pretty papers. Sounds like you are up for an adventure with the move. Chantell Just Add Ink

Jan said...

Such a super cute rhino and the blocks of DSP are a delightful background. Hope the move goes smoothly Christy and thanks for joining with us at Just Add Ink this week.

Jan Clothier said...

The memories of packing and unpacking my craft room are still fresh and raw! My sympathies! This is a very happy marriage of new products. Bubble Bath is a great new colour. Thanks for squeezing time for As You See It.

Suzanne said...

Christy, That purple rhino rocks! It is so fun and the papers you picked to showcase the image is just wonderful. So glad you took part in the Inspire.Create.Challenge.