Tuesday, May 9, 2023

SUO Challenges: A Sketch Adventure

It's time for another challenge at SUO Challenges!




This time around we're doing a sketch and I think it's a fun one!


And here's what I made:


Okay for reals, I love this card.  I have been having fun playing with Azure Afternoon (I cannot overstate how much I love this new blue) and for this card I paired it with the new Pecan Pie for the ship and returning Blueberry Bushel for the waves and the birds.  Blueberry Bushel seems to come out darker on the Azure Afternoon cardstock, it almost looks navy but I promise it isn't.  I like the On the Ocean stamp set and dies and I went back and forth about whether or not to buy them, obviously "buy them" won out ; ) Had to get them before the bundle pricing went away.

Confession time:  I came up with this sketch when I made this card a while ago:


I made this back in January when I was putting together a baby basket for a gal who works for my husband (had to keep it gender neutral since the mama wanted to be surprised, she had a boy!).  I was a bit surprised that SU! retired Happier than Happy after just one year, but it will live on forever in my stamp collection so that's okay.

So there's the sketch two ways : ) Hope you'll have some fun with it too and post your card over on the SUO Challenges blog.  Enjoy, stampy friends!

Supplies, first card:
Stamps:  On the Ocean
Ink:  Azure Afternoon, Blueberry Bushel, Pecan Pie, Whisper White
Paper:  Azure Afternoon, Thick Basic White
Accessories:  On the Ocean dies, Stylish Shapes dies, Dimensionals

Supplies, second card:
Stamps:  Happier than Happy
Ink:  Soft Suede, Calypso Coral
Paper:  Pale Papaya, Thick Basic White, Happy Forest Friends DSP
Accessories:  Happy Forest dies, Stitched Rectangles dies, Dimensionals

1 comment:

Tanya said...

I am still debating getting yet another ship, and losing the bundle price was part of the debate, hahaha, but I LOVE your card!