Thursday, May 11, 2023

Firefly Lights

Mornin' y'all!  Once again I woke up at four o'clock this morning...but knowing that Ryan starts school an hour later on Thursdays, I convinced my brain to stay in bed until 5:30.  Hey, it's an improvement over getting up at 4!

I've got a pretty simple card to share today.


My SIL is a realtor and she's been helping us look for a house to rent in Texas, so this card will be for her once we get there.  I thought of the fireflies immediately when I saw the sketch from Try Stampin' on Tuesday:


And of course that Pretty Peacock pattern is from the Bright & Beautiful DSP Stack.  That's a versatile set of papers for sure!  I started with the Pretty Peacock stripes and paired them with a Pool Party card base and Night of Navy fireflies, with a bit of Lemon Lolly for the glow.  I definitely need to play around with Lighting the Way a bit more.

Well, time to get ready for my next-to-last day at work.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Lighting the Way
Ink:  Night of Navy, Lemon Lolly, Versamark
Paper:  Pool Party, Pretty Peacock, Bright & Beautiful DSP
Accessories:  Lighting the Way dies, white EP, Dimensionals

2 comments:

Donna Scholz said...

Christy, I know your SIL will love your card as much as I do! I'm so happy that Pretty Peacock has returned to the SU palette, and your card demonstrates why it was a wise choice on their part!! The fireflies are perfect for your card. Thank you so much for sharing your card with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday,,, and good luck with the house hunting!!! -Donna

kramer_buffy said...

That gradient pulls you into the card! Thanks so much for playing with us at TSOT!

-- Dalis
http://stamprgrl.wordpress.com