Thursday, May 18, 2023

Friendly Botanicals

Okay, so far Ryan is 3 for 3 this week in getting out of school.  I know he wasn't feeling good on Monday so I kept him home, I think he had a legitimate reason for having the nurse call me on Tuesday to pick him up after he'd been there for only an hour, but yesterday I 100% think he bamboozled the nurse so he could get out of school.  Since I was fairly sure he was just fine, he got dragged along with me to do several errands so at least the day wasn't a total waste for getting things done.

And I got to pick up my little SU! order from the post office, and I made a fast card while Ryan was in the tub last night.


The new Inked & Tiled set reminds me so much of the old Petal Prints set, which I still love and apparently most of the cards I made for it predate this blog so just trust me on that one.  Anyway, I had to get this new stamp set, and though I opted out of buying the punches I did buy the coordinating paper.

I quite like this week's Freshly Made Sketch:


And the springy Color Throwdown:


I used Petal Pink, Lemon Lime Twist, white, and just a smidgen of Calypso Coral for a darker pink hue.  My LLT ink pad is extra juicy so it always stamps darker than I expect.  Looking forward to playing more with this stamp set and the other three that I just got...but first I really DO have to get some stuff done, since Ryan has effectively kept me from doing much this week.  He'd better stay in class for the entire school day today...

Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Inked & Tiled
Ink:  Petal Pink, Lemon Lime Twist, Calypso Coral
Paper:  Petal Pink, Thick Basic White, Inked Botanicals DSP Stack
Accessories:  corner rounder punch, Faceted Gems

4 comments:

Tanya said...

And this is beautiful! I love that DP which I hadn't noticed, lol, and the colors are perfect for these flowers.
Yep- I remember the old set and thought the same thing. :)

Jacquie Southas said...

Love the arty feel of this design, Christy! Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week.

Broni said...

Great card, Christy! Thanks so much for joining us at the Color Throwdown this week!

Karren said...

These colours are so pretty and the watercolor-effect of your flower adds such a delicate and artistic element to your card. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.